Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dozens of errors - Failed to execute DB job 'StrategyUpdateJob', etc

I ran into some problems recently, as follows:

I am running NT 6.5.1000.1, Simulation only, connected to Gain demo. I have installed the .NET 2.0 SDK as the My Documents folder is on a network drive and changed the security to Full Permissions.

I set up a simple 1 Target ATM (Stop:5, Profit 100, Rev at stop) with a custom stop strategy (3 step: Stop 7, Freq 1, Profit 10; 15, 2, 20; 21, 4, 50) with a profit trigger of 4+1.

I placed an order for 5 $EURUSD and let it run overnight. It appears to have run fine up until about 7:30 AM EST this morning, when it started generating these messages.

Failed to execute DB job 'StrategyUpdateJob' ... etc

There were probably 50-150 of these error messages (by the way, it's pretty annoying to have to go kill them all, perhaps you could code it to check if the error has already been displayed and dismissed before displaying another one, or have a "Don't display this message again" kind of thing and log it with a smaller icon for a warning...)

In addition, I received the following messages, although I cannot tell at what time:

Sell stop or sell stop limit orders can't be placed above the market.

I suspect the second error occurred first and then the first error went wild.

As a result of no stop being placed, I came in this morning to see a big, big out of control loss. It appears to me that this occurred because there was a very large movement in the market around that time.

What can be done to ensure a stop order is placed? I would hope that NT could keep trying until one was placed instead of just crash and leave me to get wiped out.

In addition, when I tried to open a new position, it worked fine but generated the same error when trying to place an order. Then it displayed the usual "NT has detected an error, please shut down" message.

However, I was unable to shut down NT, and had to kill the process using Task Manager.

Comment

>> as the My Documents folder is on a network drive
      This causes the problem:
      - please install on a local hard drive to make problem go away
      - if that works you could try installing again on network drive and configuring your machine along these lines: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=2441

If that doesn't help, then I suggest contacting your network admin for further support.

Comment

My apologies if I was not clear - I mentioned that I already followed those directions for network drive install.

And I am the network administrator.

(Personally, I would like an option to NOT have the files installed in the default "My Documents" location, which should be an option during setup. )

I cannot change the location of the My Documents location as it is part of our backup strategy for users (we synchronize the files to our main server for backup purposes.)

Can I make a registry change to point to a local folder for these files?
        Last edited by PocoDiablo; 04-04-2008, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Sorry, unfortunately we don't have any further available than this link nor do we have network admin experience to seriously make suggestions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post philmg
          by philmg

Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
          1 response
          0 likes