Hiding instruments on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hiding instruments on a chart

I have a 5 minute chart with 3 instruments: ES, UVOL & DVOL. I also have one indicator on this chart, a pairs ratio of UVOL & DVOL. Can I hide the UVOL & DVOL on the chart so I'm only looking at the ES with the pair ratio? I've searched both the help section and this forum but have not found a way to do it. I also couldn't find anything in the Data Series dialog box.

Any help with this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Go to DataSeries -> Chart Style and set the colors to transparent.

Comment

Hello Paddler,

Thanks for your post.

Yes you can have hidden data series on your chart and it sounds like a good application for it in your case.

As you already have the 3 data series on your chart it should be straight forward.

1) In the dataseries window, move the dVol and UVol into the same panel as the ES data. Don't worry when it distorts the picture, we'll fix that.

2) For the dVol and Uvol ONLY, set the chart style to "Line on close" and change the color to "transparent"

Thats it, you should now have a chart with the ES only and the indicator showing while still having the Uvol and Dvol supplying the data needed.

The chart should look like a normal chart without distortion.

Please see the picture for how I had the three data series set-up.
      Attached Files
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
        Go to DataSeries -> Chart Style and set the colors to transparent.
        Hi Harry, Thanks for the recommendation. I did try this but it still leaves the outline of the indicator box, I want to eliminate this as well, not just make the candles transparent. Any other suggestion.

I typically don't like making comparisons, but Tradestation has a toggle to completely hide additional instruments on a chart, including the box the indicator is confined by. I simply want to conserve space.

Thanks,

Comment

Thanks Paul! Perfect.

Comment

Hello together,

I am working with several data series starting from 1 minute up to 1 week on one chart. So, certainly I have problems in visualize the different data series. The 1 week data serie is way to large and to zoom into the 1 min data serie is unpossible. I just learned from this thread how to place several data series on one panel and hide them.

1. There is a possibility to have all dataseries running in the background (bar color transparent). If I would define some ToolStripButtons (System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton), is there a possibility to take control of the bar colors of each data serie -> show and hide them?

2. Even if Point 1 would run, I still wouldn´t solve my zoom problem. So I would also need a scaling feature. Is there a possibility?

Perhaps I am thinking to complicated and there is an easy solution. My dream would be two or three panels on one chart, where I can choose via ToolStripButtons which dataserie to plot in which panel to compare the dataseries against each other.

Would be happy to get some help with this.

Thanks a lot!
            uupsa!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses