TradeStation DLL -> NT7 ATM Stop Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation DLL -> NT7 ATM Stop Loss

Hello and thank you for your assistance in advance. Let me start by saying I understand the difference between order types and stop order types.

With the ATM automation, as I understand it and have seen when an order is placed we can have a stop loss order entered based on the new order fill. Simple enough. The stop loss order has a default of 20 ticks limit. This can be overridden in the DOM and Chart by changing the "Use stop market for stop loss orders" to True. Again, fairly straight forward.

My question is, if I initiate an order through a TradeStation link, how can I achieve this same handling of using stop market orders instead of stop limit orders?

For example a long position may be initiated with:
    Code:
    Success = NTCommand("PLACE","Sim101","BUY",1,"MARKET",0,0,"GTC","",OrderID,"ScalperExitStrategies","ScalperATM");
    results in a Stop Limit order at the correct Election Price with the given default maximum Limit Price.

Thanks

Hi javamarket,

For this you would use something like

NTCommand("PLACE","Sim101","SELL",1,"STOP",0,1985. 5,"GTC",StopTargetOCO,OrderID,"","");

Below is a link to the help guide which shows the different order types.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...parameters.htm
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

Thank you for your reply.

Basis what you are providing as the approach you are indicating that TradeStation cannot avail itself of the ATM directly and I would have to ...

Retrieve the fill price from NT, calculate a stop value, manually enter the stop order ... (I'm not sure why you have an OCO involved) .... and on any subsequent order entry relive the entire process, find and cancel any existing stops and reenter - the entire feature set of ATM essentially.

If this is indeed the case it removes almost any value in the ATM functionality of NT for users such as myself preventing any consideration of purchase. I'm hopeful something has been missed here.

Comment

Hi javamarket,

It will not be possible to change the stop to a stop market order when using a pre-made ATM Strategy.

This is also true with NinjaScripts that call ATM Strategies.

So in this case, you would just submit the protective order and use OCO to tie it to a profit target.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the confirmation of this unfortunate condition. It makes NT an non-starter for me unfortunately..

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post PhillT