Paper trading 10 markets in Sim101 using TS and "External data feed" method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper trading 10 markets in Sim101 using TS and "External data feed" method

i have 10 charts open in tradestation with the NTExternalFeed strategy applied to each of the 10 markets (charts), the price data is feeding into ninja, but not all at the one time (maybe the NTdirect.DLL cant process many ticks coming from 10 tradestation charts at exactly the same time,so this is the problem). im using the sim101 account in ninja and DLL interface. it does not appear that real time price data from tradestation for all 10 markets is feeding into the ninja simulation engine all at the same time, only 1 market is feeding through which is the market selected (next to the word "name") in the ninja control center window (this is why i get the "no market data to drive sim engine error message"). do i have to connect to pats to auto trade all 10 markets at the same time in simulation mode as pats API would supply the ninja sim engine with data for all 10 markets simulataneously, and thus no need to to rely on the NTexternalFeed strategy which calls the NTdirect DLL. So the question is do i have to connect to pats to paper trade 10 markets in sim mode in ninja with tradestation, or can i just use the ninja "External Data Feed" method instead on all 10 markets and if so what am i doing wrong to not be able to get this later method to work? thanks in advance. Regards, Rod.
    Last edited by Rocket130713; 07-08-2014, 07:31 AM.

Hi Rocket130713,

I am testing this and I will let you know what I find.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you. was thinking the problem may that NTdirect.DLL can only process 1 tick at a time coming in from 10 tradestation charts. As we know the NTExternalFeed strategy provided by ninja calls the NTdirect DLL each tick in tradestation. The problem may be when we are getting say 3 ticks in 3 diff markets happening at the same time. just an idea, i dont really know. thanks for looking into this for us. much appreciated.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

I've given this a test and was able to feed multiple instruments to NinjaTrader via the NTExternalFeed strategy.

Below is a link to a video I have created to demonstrate this.
        http://screencast.com/t/jb1EjbY89yNj

Comment

Hello Chelsea thanks for yoru help and reply. I am also able to feed multiple data feeds from tradestation into ninja too using the NTExternalFeed strategy method. What I am not able to do is get tradestation to send orders for the Japanese Yen futures (6J symbol in ninja) to ninja via the NTCommand() PLACE function (ie automated trading) within an easylanguage tradestation strategy, when another symbol like ES 9-14 is listed in the ninja control center window next to the word: "name", with live price data updating in the ninja window for ES symbol. To be able to auto trade the Jap Yen market in sim mode i have to have the Jap Yen prices updating live and showing in the ninja control center window via having the words 6J next the heading: "name" in the ninja control center window. so in other words i cant auto trade 10 markets at the same time in sim mode using ninja DLL and TS and ExternalDataFeed as the data feed. Are you able to replicate this also on your PC? thanks in advance. Much appreciated.

Comment

Hello Rocket130713,

I've made a quick video demonstrating it is possible to submit orders via the NtDirect.dll when connected to an external data feed.

http://screencast.com/t/m9qMu244oY

Let me know if you have questions with this.

Comment

Hi Chelsea, This thread has been helpful, This is what I am trying to do. I would like to run my strategies from tradestation through ninjatrader and then execute in IB.

1) Do I need to pay for a subscription. I imagine so. Does it need to be single broker and then select IB?

2) So far I have gotten working orders from trade station. However since I have multi-time-frame charts in TS, I have to set IntraBarodergeneration to false in the NTExternal feed strategy, Is this fine?

3) Should I already be getting fills in simulation on ninjartrader. I imagine so. I have working orders, but no fills, while I do have fills in tradestation. Any thoughts on this. Just getting this up and running so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
              Nick

Comment

Hi njstepanek,

1) To place live orders to a broker you will need a live license key (single broker will be fine).

Purchase Options - Single Broker
                The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you a choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
                • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
                • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
                • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!

2) With IntraBarOrderGeneration, I'm not entirely sure how this works as this is a TradeStation feature... I recommend that you contact tradestation for more information.

3) If your strategy is calling NTCommands and NinjaTrader has the AT interface on in NinjaTrader, and there is incoming data for that instrument then yes, you should be getting orders. I would start by testing a very simple strategy such as the one in the video i created that just does buys and sells to see if you have everything set up correctly.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes