Can't figure out how to load current ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't figure out how to load current ES

I am still not super familiar with the interface and navigation around NT, but I cant seem to figure out how to load a chart or even load the instrument for the current ES futures (ES 09-14). I am stuck with all the futures that expired in June as my default instrument list. Even when I go to Tools > Instrument Manager and search for ES, nothing shows up. Am I supposed to download the new contract feed from an external source? Or is it buried somewhere that I am missing? PS I use a TD Ameritrade realtime connection.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.
    • From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    • Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    • Press the ">" button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    • Press the "<" button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date

Unfortunately, the TD Ameritrade connection which is available to NinjaTrader supports equity and index data only however meaning that you would need to connect to another data source in order to access data for futures like ES 09-14. An overview of the different types of data which each provider offers can be found at this link to our Help Guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So I would need to choose a different broker to get futures support?

Also, off-topic, but if I have a strategy based on an indicator (such as making a trade when a moving average crossover occurs), do I have to have a chart running for it to work? Or will it just work as long as its enabled on the strategies tab of the workstation?

Comment

Hello,

1.) Correct.

2.) The strategy will function normally when applied to the Strategies tab of the Control Center. Applying the strategy to a chart is not required.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes