Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to install NT 6.5.1000.1

Hi,

I'm trying to install NT 6.5.1000.1.. Everytime I run the setup.exe file it downloads around 23Mb then at the end I get the message;

'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.

Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'tmp2A.tmp' in the box below.'

The path given is;

C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\

I've tried this about 10 times now. Any suggestions?

Also, is there any particular reason we have to run a downloader each time we want to install NT as opposed to downloading and storing the whole installation file locally. The latter would save a lot of time as well as bandwidth.

Thanks

Please try clearing your browser cache and trying again.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Already done it. Also tried switching browser (from Opera to IE). No such luck. Also, I can't use program uninstall as the uninstaller looks for the same file which obviously can't be found.

Comment

Hmm and none of the instructions here help?
        http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...3731#post33731

Comment

This is a fresh installation. There is no earlier version of NT on this machine so I don't see how your link is relevant unless I'm missing something.

Thanks for trying though Josh. Any further ideas?

Comment

Finally got it to work. Went through the registry and deleted as many references to NinjaTrader as I could find. (There are a LOT. Wouldn't recommend doing this again unless you have an automated cleaner.) Rebooted and then download proceeded normally.

Thanks for helping Josh.

Comment

No problem. Glad you got it to work.

Comment

deleting all Ninja from REgistry

Trader Rick

TO delete all Ninja from Registry,what do you do?

I have searched Ninja and deleted those,is that going to catch the registry idems,any idea?

I have gone back to 01 with a deleting of saved data(unchecked) and trying that,as well as re -install of Net 2.0.

NT was shutting down on me about every hour.

Thanks

Comment

To do a completely clean install you want to uninstall NinjaTrader via the Control Panel. Then you want to delete the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder from the My Documents. This will completely remove all settings/custom indicators/strategies/data/etc. Then you can reinstall NT.

Comment

As Josh said, the preferable way to do this is to use Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs.

Going through the registry is a last ditch resort when you can't use the uninstall program e.g. because the installation or uninstall file got corrupted. In which case, just search on 'Ninja' and delete every key containing this word (assuming you don't have other programs that use the word). There are a lot of them. Then reboot and manually delete any remaining files that weren't removed the first time. It might be a good idea to get rid of the user folders created by NT as well (make sure you backup the contents first) so you have a completely clean machine. Then reinstall NT and copy back in your own files into the user folders.

good luck

Comment

Pitstop Optimizer in clearing Browser

WIll the Pitstop optimize suuffice in clearing browser cash for a fresh install.

Get constant error message and have been advised to delete MSB file each time as the only recourse.

Comment

Hi,

Please clear your browser cache in Internet Explorer as follows. Go to Tools-->Internet Options and click Delete under "Browsing history". Then, click "Delete all". Now try the download again.

If this doesn't work for you, please try a different browser such as Mozilla Firefox to download NinjaTrader.
                        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

removing all ninja from registry

IS this done by entering ninja into SEARCH,or in what manner please?

Comment

Hi,

I was referring to the browser cache of your internet browser, such as IE and Mozilla. Regarding IE, this can be done by going to Tools-->Internet Options and click Delete under "Browsing history". Then, click "Delete all".

If you still have issues upon installing NinjaTrader, please send a note to support AT ninjatrader DOT com and reference this post.
                            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

mozilla history removal

Hello,

Ok assume I have to remove same on mozilla as IE.

are the earlier available versions of NT (wont have range chart capacity noticed) more likely to have a clean install than say the 03 version from Friday?

At teh moment Ihave problems with chart not filling with data.

Thank you
                              laredo

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                              2 responses