strategy times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

strategy times

I was just testing a strategy (1st one! ) and I was looking at the periods of day when the trades happened... I have a few questions please

1. are the times listed when the trades begin or end. example.. 5:00pm listed good results, so did the trade start between 5 and 6 pm?

2.is there a way I can view only those trades?

3.can I set the strategy to automatically run at these times?

Thanks for your help!

Scott

Hello Scott,

1. I assume you refer to the Periods-tab (Hour of day). It reflect trades that closed during 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM.

2. I am not quite sure if I understand. You can use the Periods-tab to filter trades per hour of the day.

3. The session template determines during what hours the strategy will run.

If set to <Use instrument settings>, it will use the session template that is configured for the instrument in the Instrument Manager. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question and click Edit. You will now see what session template the instrument by default uses.

You can view the times of each session template in the Session Manager (Control Center-->Tools). It will allow you to create new ones as well. More information regarding the Session Manager can be found at the link below.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In question #2, I was wondering if I could view/isolate only those trades located in the 5pm period. if you backtest, you may have 50 out of 600 trades that you are looking for. Also, is it possible to see trades based on when they were initiated, not ending... that seems to be a more valid way of seeing when the best time of day is to initiate trades, as trades could last different amounts of time, we are looking for best times to trade, not stop trading...

Thanks

Scott

Comment

I was just wondering how many people have ran trading systems at specific times, then wonder why the results are so different... there must be a way to see when the trades were initiated.

thanks

Comment

Hello san1313,

Thank you for your response.

The trade is not complete until it closes. So the exit is when the trade is marked. You can look at the entry times under the Trades tab.

Are you wishing to use a time filter in your strategy? You can find an example of this at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3226

Comment

Jason,

Im looking for the best time of day to initiate trades from different strategies, are there any resorces to see when those times would be?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
              Hello san1313,

The trade is not complete until it closes. So the exit is when the trade is marked. You can look at the entry times under the Trades tab.

Are you wishing to use a time filter in your strategy? You can find an example of this at the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=3226
              Where can I view start times?

Comment

Hello san1313,

The Start Times are listed on the Trades tab, are you able to see the Start Times on the Trades tab of the Strategy Analyzer after running your test?

Comment

Yes, I am... but how does that benefit me to try to seperate, by hand, 30 out of 600 trades. I need to see them in periods. is there a way to see these in periods? (when trades begin)

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported.

You could use the Graphs-->Distribution-tab as Bertrand suggested in the thread below.
                    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aussugardefender  
                    Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
                    14 responses
                    0 likes