Can't load exchanges for tickers - Instrument Manager not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't load exchanges for tickers - Instrument Manager not working

I'm unable to pull up tickers in the Instrument Manager to set it to the correct exchange.

I'm using NT7 with IB's TWS (data is coming from TWS) and when I search tickers nothing shows up in NT's instrument manager. When I enter it in TWS I get realtime price information. See screen shot, why is Ninja trader not working?
    Attached Files

Hello mjeebusbox,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument. Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Instrument Manager
    Press the "New" button
    *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
    Fill in any relevant information under the "Misc" tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
    Press the "OK" button
    * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list. Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the "Instrument lists" drop down list in the upper left hand corner
    Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
    Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
    Press the "<" button to add the instrument to the list
    You are now complete and can press the "OK" button.
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes