Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting set up problems

Hi all,

I presume that this is a basic problem, but nonetheless I have not been able to fathom a resolution.

When I go to set up a new chart, after setting my relevant details in the chart set up dialog box, the chart comes up as plain white, no candlestick data or anything. The y axis scale goes from 0 to 0.01.

I have newly installed it and I have never used Ninja Trader before.

It is on the simulation mode.

Please help.

Thanks!

Hello sultanoflondon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Who are you connected to for data? A data connection is required within NinjaTrader to receive data.

I look forward to your response.
    Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ZachS View Post
      Hello sultanoflondon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums!

Who are you connected to for data? A data connection is required within NinjaTrader to receive data.

I look forward to your response.
      I am based in the United Kingdom and I have a full Wi-Fi connection on my PC.

I sometimes have webpages open at the same time as the workspace and the webpages open just fine.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Who are you connecting to within NinjaTrader for data? (If you have connected to a data provider, this will display in green in the lower left-hand corner of the NinjaTrader control center).

NinjaTrader is not a data provider, thus a connection must be created and established to receive data. You can use the Simulated Data Feed for randomly generated data that does not reflect the actual market to use for simulation purposes. You connect by going to Control Center -> File -> Connect -> Simulated Data Feed.

Furthermore, you can use the Kinetick EOD connection for end-of-day data. This data does reflect the real market but is not real-time and can only be viewed for a daily interval or higher.

Additionally, you can view all of our supported data feeds and the types of data they support under the "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider" section at the link below.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or if you are connected and unable to receive data.

Comment

Hello,

Who are you connecting to within NinjaTrader for data? (If you have connected to a data provider, this will display in green in the lower left-hand corner of the NinjaTrader control center).

NinjaTrader is not a data provider, thus a connection must be created and established to receive data. You can use the Simulated Data Feed for randomly generated data that does not reflect the actual market to use for simulation purposes. You connect by going to Control Center -> File -> Connect -> Simulated Data Feed.

Furthermore, you can use the Kinetick EOD connection for end-of-day data. This data does reflect the real market but is not real-time and can only be viewed for a daily interval or higher.

Additionally, you can view all of our supported data feeds and the types of data they support under the "Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider" section at the link below.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance or if you are connected and unable to receive data.

Thanks for the prompt response, Zach! Very helpful!

So, if I understand correctly, there is no way to trade for free with real time data on NinjaTrader?

Great! Thanks for that! That has solved my issues!

Thanks again!

Comment

Hello sultanoflondon,

I'm glad you found my response helpful. There are ways to trade, technically for free with NinjaTrader but you must have an account with a brokerage that offers the Direct Edition of our software.

If you would like to simulate futures trading with a free demo, please sign up at the link below.

NinjaTrader offers exclusive software for futures trading. With our modern trading platform, you will control every step of your trading journey. Open account to trade futures with us!

Comment

Hello sultanoflondon,

I'm glad you found my response helpful. There are ways to trade, technically for free with NinjaTrader but you must have an account with a brokerage that offers the Direct Edition of our software.

If you would like to simulate futures trading with a free demo, please sign up at the link below.

http://www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com/...s_trading_demo
              Will the product in the above link provide me with real time market data for free forever? Does it have a time frame?

Comment

Hello sultanoflondon,

No, it will not provide you with free data forever. It is a demo so that you can test the software with the data feed. I don't believe that there is a completely free, real-time data feed out there. Some brokers offer a complementary data feed with a qualifying brokerage account, but this data is usually not real-time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post cre8able  
                Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes