Incomplete data/price bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incomplete data/price bars

I just discovered I am not able to receive/display all of the price bars on my ticks charts. I am using no anti-virus and only MS firewall on the default setting. My ISP is Wildblue satellite through a wired router. Any suggestions?

Tick charts require a lot of RAM to load more than a few days worth. Beyond that you will generally only be able to load tick data back however far your data provider has unless you've loaded it into your database before hand.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. I am running a new dual quad Dell PC with 4 gigs of RAM. Zen-fire is my data feed and I am requesting only 2 days of 20 tick chart data. You probably would agree that my PC is not the problem. BTW, I load the exact same incomplete data bars on my older, slower PC. Any real technical suggestions for my problem are welcome.

Comment

Hmm. Please see this chart for limitations on various data feeds. http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...HistoricalData

Could this be the issue you are facing?
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Am I to infer after reading your reference that if I don't leave my PC on overnight (all the time), when I boot up the next morning and load data the previous day's trading data will/may not be complete or all there?
          How can I rely on any kind of previous data for testing strategies?
          Is there a setting that will let me save all of the collected data for future testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Wi!s0n View Post
            Am I to infer after reading your reference that if I don't leave my PC on overnight (all the time), when I boot up the next morning and load data the previous day's trading data will/may not be complete or all there?
            How can I rely on any kind of previous data for testing strategies?
            Is there a setting that will let me save all of the collected data for future testing?
            Hello,

Thank you for your posting.

What data feed are you currently connecting to for data? Are you attempting to run a market replay or back testing a NinjaScript strategy?

Comment

I previously stated that I use Zen-fire and no I am not running market replay (should I be?). I am mearly comparing my data to another person's data. They seem to capture many more bars. For example when comparing price bars after midnight, I may show 5 for their 25-30 or more. I do know they restart their PC in the am as I do and even more frequently.
              Could this in any way be an issue with my satellite ISP (Wildblue)? Please do not suggest yes without explaining why.

Comment

Originally posted by Wi!s0n View Post
                I previously stated that I use Zen-fire and no I am not running market replay (should I be?). I am mearly comparing my data to another person's data. They seem to capture many more bars. For example when comparing price bars after midnight, I may show 5 for their 25-30 or more. I do know they restart their PC in the am as I do and even more frequently.
                Could this in any way be an issue with my satellite ISP (Wildblue)? Please do not suggest yes without explaining why.
                Please view our help guide here on how NinjaTrader builds chart bars: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ChartBars.html

Comment

Thank you. Latency is part of satellite internet as is reloading historical data. These only partially explains the difference in tick bars. With this knowledge, every time I reload or reboot my PC I should get different bars. This is not the case.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                  Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ryjoga