Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to use "Strategies"

Hello,

I'd like to start using an automated trading system but I can't figure anything out.

When I click the 'strategies' icon, I see a 'SampleMACrossOver' option. I have been trying to work with this strategy to figure out how to use automated trading and I just can't figure it out.

I am able to get an order filled but unable to close it. I can't even figure out how to place specific orders. For example, I would like a strategy where a trigger is placed when a 3SMA crosses over a 8SMA (both long and short) and trade off that. If you can explain this simple method, I may be able to figure out the strategy that I do want to use.

Is there a link or something somewhere that explains how to use this automated trading?

If you could post a pic of a MACrossOver strategies info. box, with all the settings that I mentioned above, that may help a lot.

Hello rretch,

Once an order is filled, you get into a position. This position will be closed the next time the SMA's cross. You will get into a reverse position as well. So if you initially were in a long position, you will get into a short position the next time the SMA's cross.

Unfortunately there is no link that explains this automated strategy. You can find general information on how to run automated strategies at the links below.

Chart

Control Center-->Strategies-tab
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes