Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator DataSeries to Market Analyzer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator DataSeries to Market Analyzer?

Howdy--

I have an indicator with several DataSeries that I would like to see in MA. I can get the values to print to the Output Window via a Print() command, so I know that values are there and correct. However, when I add the Indicator and then select the DataSeries that I am interested in, I'm getting the following log error: "Error on accessing plot series...Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation", which is a new one on me.

Are DataSeries objects able to be utilized within the MA or only Plot values?

If Plot values are only able to be exposed to the MA, is there a way to have the Plot values not plot in my indicator--because I don't want the values to plot within the indicator...I'm just interested in the values (hope that makes sense).

EDIT: I added the DataSeries within the Variables section, initialized them within Initialize() and then exposed them in Properties as public. Instead of creating the DataSeries within Variables and then initializing them within Initialize(), should I instead be initializing Plots set to Color.Transparent, and then exposing these Plots as public DataSeries values?

Thanks,

Aventeren
    Last edited by aventeren; 07-16-2014, 11:46 PM.

I got things working

Update: I removed the DataSeries creation within the Variables section, and instead of initializing the DataSeries in Initialize() I instead initialized Plots with Color.Transparent (at the end of the day, both approaches created a series synced object (not sure if that is the right word) corresponding to Values[0], Values[1], etc. I then kept my public DataSeries reveal language in the Properties section.

I then loaded these indicator values into the MA, and bam: It worked.

So for the time being, I've accomplished my objective. Hopefully others will find this and it will help them.

All best,

Aventeren

Comment

Thanks for the update and sharing of your solution, correct would need to be Plots for the MA to access.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post love2code2trade  
      Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes