Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autoscale problem

Hello,

I have been seeing a strange issue of late with the Autoscale option on the chart where I click the Autoscale option, which results in my chart scrunching everything up into a single line across the chart, rather than auto-fitting the chart to the window.

Any assistance with how to fix this would be appreciated

Thanks,

Hello slainster,

When enabling Auto Scale, the price scaling of the chart will be adjusted to show all objects were the Auto Scale feature is set to True.

Please disable the Auto Scale any drawing objects or indicators.

If you still experience the same, please attach a screenshot to this thread of the chart set to Auto Scale.

To take a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and upload the file as an attachment.

For detailed instructions please visit the following link

How to take a screenshot on your smartphone, tablet, notebook or desktop computer
    Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Just to clarify, are you saying all indicators or drawing objects where Auto Scale is set to True could cause the chart to not adjust correctly?

Comment

Hello slainster,

Any chart object that has Auto Scale set to True, will be factored in, when automatically scaling the chart.

For example, if there is a line drawn at a price of zero with Auto Scale enabled for the line, the scaling of the chart will be adjusted to show the line at a price of zero.

Comment

Light-bulb moment here - so having an indicator that plots round numbers as an example with Auto Scale set to true would explain the behaviour I am seeing - I will confirm tonight when I get home

Comment

Thanks for that, adjusting each indicator's auto scale to False has solved the issue. Im curious though, the default NT indicators set themselves to True, seems counter productive?

Comment

Hello slainster,

By having Auto Scale set to True by default, you will be able to see the chart object (drawing tool, indicator, ect) you have added to the chart without having to manually adjust the scaling of the chart.

You can change the default settings for an indicator by making the changes to the indicator's settings, then right clicking in the Indicators window and selecting 'Set default for ' '.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses