Cannot send mail under ssl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot send mail under ssl

When sending a test mail to a smtp server with a SSL certificate I receive a time exceeded error message.

It seem that SSL handshake fails. How do I force ninja to accept a SSL certificate?

Hello guillembm,

Thanks for your post.

I would recommend disabling any anti virus/firewall program and testing to see if it is blocked.
    If that does not work please ensure to test with a provider on the following forum topic.
    Below is a list of known e-mail settings and information demonstrating configuring e-mail alerts within NinjaTrader. Included are settings which have been tested with basic accounts. Please ensure that your settings are configured identically to those included, as some only use the beginning of the e-mail address and do not
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just sent a mail to [email protected]

thanks

Comment

I am having the same problem. I want to send an alert to myself when a new bar (range bar) appears on a chart. I am receiving the same error. I a using MT4 to test out the same process and it works fine with that platform. My main email is a gmail account.

Any solutions to this yet? I tried the settings from the link listed below.
        Last edited by johncolavito; 07-31-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Are you able to send and receive a test message using the option which you'll find within the Options menu's Misc tab? (Tools > Options > Misc)
          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

No, that's where I keep receiving the time out error. I'll try it using a different email account and see.

Comment

I just tried using my yahoo and verizon accounts. It keeps timing out. My firewall is disabled. Any other suggestions? It works in MT4 with my firewall enabled.

Comment

Hello,

Please provide me with an image of the settings you are using for your gmail account within the Misc tab of the Options menu.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your response. I got it to work. Actually the most important part of this is to click OK after you input the smtp settings. That is what I was doing wrong. Thank you, maybe you can edit the post and highlight, or underline that sentence on link below.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

Please provide me with an image of the settings you are using for your gmail account within the Misc tab of the Options menu.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                  Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                  172 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post sidlercom80