Control Center Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control Center Log

Hello. There are some instruments that I used before, but I deleted it. And now after every Compiling of strategy there are many errors in CC Log tab about those instruments. Where should I delete it?

Hello alexstox,

Can you please tell me what the errors state or post a screenshot of the Log-tab that shows these errors.

Do the errors affect NinjaTrader in any way?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello alexstox,

Can you please tell me what the errors state or post a screenshot of the Log-tab that shows these errors.

Do the errors affect NinjaTrader in any way?
      I think they don't affect because they are not used any more in strategy that I compile. Some instruments don't exist any more.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	CC error.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	870853

Comment

Thank you for the screenshot.

The indicator references these instruments within its code. Since the instruments are deleted from the Instrument Manager, you show these errors in the Log-tab. To avoid these errors, you will need to restore these instruments in the Instrument Manager or modify the indicator code so they do not reference these instruments.

Comment

Thank you for the screenshot.

The indicator references these instruments within its code. Since the instruments are deleted from the Instrument Manager, you show these errors in the Log-tab. To avoid these errors, you will need to restore these instruments in the Instrument Manager or modify the indicator code so they do not reference these instruments.
          I can't restore these instruments. It was deleted from PC. Errors that you see are sometimes happens in those codes, that doesn't have any of deleted instruments. Somebody from support once deleted these problem manually from some file. I just didn't remember from what file. Please remind me what file and I will find those names manually there.

Comment

Custom created instruments are saved in the database. However we do not support manually modifying data within the database. You can find the database at the location below.

(My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

You could try repairing the database and subsequently check if the errors are still incorrectly reported. Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.

- Disconnect NinjaTrader from any open connections via File > Disconnect
            - From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
            - Select the "Data" tab
            - Press the "Repair DB" button
            - Press the "OK" button

Comment

Custom created instruments are saved in the database. However we do not support manually modifying data within the database. You can find the database at the location below.

(My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db-->NinjaTrader.sdf

You could try repairing the database and subsequently check if the errors are still incorrectly reported. Please follow the instructions below to repair the NinjaTrader database.
              Last didn't help. About your first advise - what program open .sdf correctly?

Comment

You can use various programs. You can find some at the link below.
                I have an SDF file and I would like to retrieve its schema and query it with some UI. How can I do this? I have no Visual Studio installed on the machine and I would like to install as little softw...

Comment

You can use various programs. You can find some at the link below.
                  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...t-edition-file
                  Jason, what you use to edit that file? Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time and still can't edit. Installed SDFviewer and SQL Server 2005.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported by us. I never edited database files manually myself.

You could rename the database, so a fresh new database is used and check if the error persist.

- Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
                    - Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
                    - Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
                    - Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
                    - Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost - ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments, historical trade execution data, saved Strategy Analyzer backtest results

If the errors persist, you can always restore the old database back to restore your settings and data.

Comment

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
                      Jason, what you use to edit that file? Unfortunately, I spent a lot of time and still can't edit. Installed SDFviewer and SQL Server 2005.
                      Why not just edit the indicator to remove the calls? The indicator that is causing the issue is identified in the messages. Alternatively, the non-existent instruments will also be identified, so just open the dialog box and type in their symbols, to add them to the database.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                        Why not just edit the indicator to remove the calls? The indicator that is causing the issue is identified in the messages. Alternatively, the non-existent instruments will also be identified, so just open the dialog box and type in their symbols, to add them to the database.
                        My problem happen because I deleted own instruments before delete them from charts, scripts... And now I don't know how to fix that.

Why not just edit the indicator to remove the calls? - how to do that?
                        so just open the dialog box and type in their symbols, to add them to the database - what dialog box and data base?

Comment

You can edit NinjaScript files at Control Center-->Tools-->Edit NinjaScript-->Indicators. Double click the indicator to open its code window and subsequently modify the indicator code accordingly.

Please make sure a chart is the active window on your monitor. Subsequently type the instrument symbol and a dialog box will appear that shows the symbol. Once you hit Enter that symbol is added as an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

Comment

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
                            My problem happen because I deleted own instruments before delete them from charts, scripts... And now I don't know how to fix that.

Why not just edit the indicator to remove the calls? - how to do that?
                            You edit the indicator that the error message tells you is calling the non-existent instruments. I do not know how else to say it.
                            so just open the dialog box and type in their symbols, to add them to the database - what dialog box and data base?
                            ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                              You edit the indicator that the error message tells you is calling the non-existent instruments. I do not know how else to say it.
                              ref: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...stock_symb.htm
                              OMG! koganam! I am infinitely grateful for your advise!
                              How to delete these instrument and don't have conflict?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Mizzouman1  
                              Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ