Control Center Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
    OMG! koganam! I am infinitely grateful for your advise!
    How to delete these instrument and don't have conflict?
    What indicator does the message say is trying to access non-existent instruments?

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
      What indicator does the message say is trying to access non-existent instruments?
      My own indicator

Comment

My own indicator
        If it is your indicator, then you coded it, so just edit it to remove the calls to the missing instruments.

Comment

If it is your indicator, then you coded it, so just edit it to remove the calls to the missing instruments.
          I didn't use symbol there. There is only empty "" as string.

Comment

I didn't use symbol there. There is only empty "" as string.
            So you are saying that the indicator is not even making reference to the instruments, but the compiler says that it is making incorrect references?

Comment

So you are saying that the indicator is not even making reference to the instruments, but the compiler says that it is making incorrect references?
              This is not the case of the problem. I don't remember where I get it from, I think you met that code earlier in samples
              Code:
              [Description("myInstrum2")]
                      [GridCategory("Parameters")]
              		public string MyInstrum2
                      {
              			 get 
              			{   // symbol2 defaults to secondary chart data series
              				if ((myInstrum2 == "") && (ChartControl != null) && (Instruments != null)) 
              					for(int i=0; i<ChartControl.BarsArray.Length; i++)
              						if (ChartControl.BarsArray[i].Instrument.FullName != Instruments[0].FullName)
              						{
              							myInstrum2 = ChartControl.BarsArray[i].Instrument.FullName;
              							break;
              						}
              				return myInstrum2; 
              			}
                          set { myInstrum2=value /*= value.ToUpper()*/; } //ToUpper used for any symbols to UPPER SYMBOLS

Comment

This is not the case of the problem. I don't remember where I get it from, I think you met that code earlier in samples
                Code:
                [Description("myInstrum2")]
                        [GridCategory("Parameters")]
                        public string MyInstrum2
                        {
                             get 
                            {   // symbol2 defaults to secondary chart data series
                                if ((myInstrum2 == "") && (ChartControl != null) && (Instruments != null)) 
                                    for(int i=0; i<ChartControl.BarsArray.Length; i++)
                                        if (ChartControl.BarsArray[i].Instrument.FullName != Instruments[0].FullName)
                                        {
                                            myInstrum2 = ChartControl.BarsArray[i].Instrument.FullName;
                                            break;
                                        }
                                return myInstrum2; 
                            }
                            set { myInstrum2=value /*= value.ToUpper()*/; } //ToUpper used for any symbols to UPPER SYMBOLS
                Reading only that code, it would appear then that you have applied the indicator to something while the myInstrum2 input is not blank. Is that right?

Comment

Reading only that code, it would appear then that you have applied the indicator to something while the myInstrum2 input is not blank. Is that right?
                  In strategy it is not blank. But it blank "" in indicator variable.

Comment

In strategy it is not blank. But it blank "" in indicator variable.
                    Hm. Looks like you must be passing the parameter somehow. At this stage, I shall have to defer to the official NT folks, because I cannot see how this one will be solved without seeing the actual code, and I do not expect or want to see that code, as we do not have any formal legal relationship.

Comment

Hm. Looks like you must be passing the parameter somehow. At this stage, I shall have to defer to the official NT folks, because I cannot see how this one will be solved without seeing the actual code, and I do not expect or want to see that code, as we do not have any formal legal relationship.
                      So, you didn't see that code in samples? Please ask guys from support, because this example will save your time and code lines =)))
                      Well, there is nothing to look at, except those I wrote. Just add string variable in Variable
                      private string myInstrum1 = "";

Comment

alexstox, please send us a simplified example that would reproducibly trigger the log error message so that could be reviewed by your team. Likely you will need to isolate step by step which exact call triggers it. Thanks.
                        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                          alexstox, please send us a simplified example that would reproducibly trigger the log error message so that could be reviewed by your team. Likely you will need to isolate step by step which exact call triggers it. Thanks.
                          Bertrand, I solved issue in by using koganam advise here

Further discussion was about how to correctly remove added empty instrument and will not get errors again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jaybedreamin