Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, let me clarify....

So, let me clarify a few things:

Whilst operating a Sim101 account on NinjaTrader, you must use a real time market data provider to make trades?

Therefore, the 'free' simulator isn't exactly free because I need a real time market data provider, which is certainly not free!

And, another thing, what is the use of an EOD market data feed, if you cannot make trades? Is it only to do technical analysis of a stock?

For any NinjaTrader customer assistants that are replying to this, please do not reference the Guide, please manually answer the above questions; that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

You are correct that trading within the Sim101 account will require real-time data. No data source offers real-time data free of charge however there are several NinjaTrader partners who offer data trials which I can assist you in applying for. Likewise, it would also be possible to use NinjaTrader's free Market Replay data to trade within the Replay101 account based on data from the past. Another option would be to use the fake data which the Simulated Data Feed provides in real-time as this data feed could also facilitate trading within the Sim101 account.

The free EOD data provided by Yahoo, Google and Kinetick is intended for testing chart and chart analytics however one could also use this type of data in backtesting.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello,

You are correct that trading within the Sim101 account will require real-time data. No data source offers real-time data free of charge however there are several NinjaTrader partners who offer data trials which I can assist you in applying for. Likewise, it would also be possible to use NinjaTrader's free Market Replay data to trade within the Replay101 account based on data from the past. Another option would be to use the fake data which the Simulated Data Feed provides in real-time as this data feed could also facilitate trading within the Sim101 account.

The free EOD data provided by Yahoo, Google and Kinetick is intended for testing chart and chart analytics however one could also use this type of data in backtesting.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
      Ah okay that cleared things up a bit, thanks a lot Kyle!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by PhillT, 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post PhillT
      by PhillT

Started by ageeholdings, 05-01-2024, 05:22 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes