Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Import Stock Symbol List

Good evening,

I use eSignal for Bovespa Stock Exchange instruments, however I can only add a new symbol manually as I have to set the properly symbol map for eSignal. I tried using the "Import Stock Symbol List" and adding the necessary "-BSP" string after each symbol for eSignal to work properly without having to edit each symbol, but NT thinks the symbols are invalid. There are almost 700 instruments in Bovespa, so it's impossible to add them manually or to edit them for eSignal usage.

Is there a solution? I thought of adding them without the "-BSP" string and then trying to edit the symbol list using MS Excel, but I cannot find NT source code.

I've attached the Bovespa symbol list as it should be added to work with eSignal.

Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DudaoRJ; 07-27-2014, 03:06 PM.

DudaoRJ, thanks for the post - you are correct in understanding of the process. If you imported then via the link, the map section for eSignal would need to be changed manually unfortunately to allow for the suffix to be integrated.

One potential area that you might want to look into (but which we could not officially support) would be making the changes to your Instruments.txt file which would be read in by NT when using the Reset Instruments command under Tools > Options > Data.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand,

Thank you for your answer. Could you please clarify where is this txt is located and its name? On the tab you mentioned there's the reset button but no path to the txt.

Please add this as a (simple) suggestion for improvement: when adding a symbol it doesn't hurt having NT to automatically add the correct suffix for each signal provider, given that there's a logic behind each one of them. Or at least have those signal providers develop third party apps that would update your instrument list to work with their data. Everybody wins.

Thank you again.

Yours
      Eduardo (DudaoRJ)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback thoughts Eduardo, will make sure to add them into our trackings for consideration here. The txt file with the instrument definitions stored is located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\db folder.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes