A stuck chart - here HG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stuck chart - here HG

Something I cannot figure out and I would like some pointers of where to look.

This concerns HG 09-14 (Copper). I have it running together with CL, TF and NG on my computer and there is no problem, meaning the charts behave totally proper.

I have the same set of 4 instruments running on a different computer, however on that one CL, TF and NG are okay - but HG is stuck.

For all I know, I am using the same settings as on my other computer. I tried "reload all historical data" for HG but that just changed all 3 HG charts into being totally blank. Even the BarTimer does not move but says outside session time or chart end date.

Even when I close all 3 HG charts and then re-create them newly the chart remains blank.

I am open for any suggestions as to where to look.

sandman
    Last edited by sandman; 07-28-2014, 01:20 AM.

Hi Sandman,

Thanks for the post.

What version do you have installed on the 'trouble' computer? Is it the same version are on your normal computer. Check under Help--> About to compare. Our current release is V7.0.1000.25.

Also, what happens when you reset your instruments on the 'trouble' computer? Go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Reset Instruments
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
      What version do you have installed on the 'trouble' computer? Is it the same version are on your normal computer. Check under Help--> About to compare. Our current release is V7.0.1000.25.
      Also, what happens when you reset your instruments on the 'trouble' computer? Go to Tools--> Options--> Data tab--> Reset Instruments
      I have the .22 version on both computers. I have not used the "reset instruments" tool as that effects ALL instruments when I have a problem with only one of them. Why fix something that ain't broken?

Comment

Since it's not working on one computer but works on the other computer, there must be something that is not set up correctly. Resetting the instruments would reset the instruments to their default settings. What you can do as well is to delete the HG and then add it back manually with the settings you have on your normal computer.

Also, have you checked on your other computer for error messages in the log tab of the control center?
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vince View Post
          Since it's not working on one computer but works on the other computer, there must be something that is not set up correctly. Resetting the instruments would reset the instruments to their default settings. What you can do as well is to delete the HG and then add it back manually with the settings you have on your normal computer.

Also, have you checked on your other computer for error messages in the log tab of the control center?
          Vince. I went along with your suggestion to delete HG from the Instrument Manager, and then reload it. That seems to have worked fine. Thank you.

sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
          8 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post JonesJoker  
          Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes