Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to correct position

Hi friends,

I had programmed some strategies with Visual Chart, then I translate it to NinjaTrader language. But I don't see in NinjaTrader the option called "Time to correct position (seconds)" that has Visual Chart. This option must be assigned a value in seconds. Its function is that if I place a limit order at 143.75 and the price is touched, but my order is not executed because is in the queue, then Visual Chart changes my limit order to a market order, if after the X seconds I put in the option "time to correct position" my limit order hasn't been filed.

NinjaTrader have this option? if yes, where I find it? Or, maybe it can be programmed in the strategy codef?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Greetings.

PD: Sorry for my english, I translate the post with the google translator.

Hi rubenyes, thanks for the post - we would not have an option to directly convert your limit order if not filled within x seconds unfortunately, it could be coded though directly in your strategy script. While you could certainly check for a certain amounts of seconds via a timer object or a comparison between your order placement / condition time and the current PC clock (DateTime.Now), it might be easier getting started to work by bars, as per default your limit order placed in the managed mode will only last for one bar. You could then issue a market order for example if the condition to enter is still true and you're not in a position.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post trilliantrader  
    Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes