Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

market replay data

Hi there,

actually it's only possible to download market replay data for up to one year. Is there a chance to get access to up to 5 years? And why isn't it possible in NT to get access to more than have a year of historical data from the broker? I only can go half a year back in time. I use MBTrading.

thx, thowe
    Last edited by thowefx; 07-31-2014, 02:29 AM.

Hello Thowe,

Thanks for writing in today.

If a supported provider provides the 5 years of historical data you will be able to download this for market replay. Just bring up a chart and load the amount of data. Then when you have under the Tools menu---> Options--> Data tab--> 'Record for Market Replay' checked, it will be automatically recorded and you can download it for market replay.

What kind of data from MBT are you looking at? What instrument with what interval? Have you tried changing the 'Days to load'?
    Have you discussed with MBT and asked them how much data they provide for the instrument(s) you are looking at?
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Vince,

actually MBTrading told me to get in touch with Ninja Trader. So I'm only able to load 6 month of data for forex major instruments.
      As you said with market replay, I'm a little bit troubled. I thought you can only record Market Replay data live. So I have to have Ninja Trader Online for the whole time. That's what other NT supporters told me.
      Actually it's not important for me to have the data for Market Replay. I can also backtest it manually, but I'm not able to get data from my broker that extends the 6 month, but they said NT is making the problem.

Thx, Thowe

Comment

Hello,

If you have 'Record for market replay' checked, it will record all the data in the chart, so also the historical data that is listed.

Furthermore, the 6 months is expected for Minute data, this is what we can access over the API at this time. For Daily data you can get about 10 years worth of historical data.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses