GTC Orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTC Orders

Hi, i don't know if it's the correct post to ask for this.

I have a doubt with gtc orders. I trade in eur/usd, in 30 min charts and there is a problem with my stoploss when i close the nt7 platform. When i open my position, doesn't matter if it's long or short, if the price doesn't go by the way i expeted, the stoploss order is not submitted if the platform is closed.

I use stop limit orders in forex. When i close the platform, a message appears advising me that i have an order working and if i'm sure i want to close nt7, then i click on "yes" and save changes. When i open nt7 again, the orders are still there but if the price turned to the wrong way from the one i choose, the stoploss limit order turn in green but it doesn't take me out of the market. It works correctly when i let the platform oppened.

I plan to start my trading in real soon, so i don't know if there is a problem of the simulated version of nt7, that doesn't admit some options and it will work correctly in the real version or not. I'm worried for this.

Thank you and sorry for my english level.

Damian.

Hello Damian,

Unfortunately, this is as expected upon trading the sim101 account. This is an internal NinjaTrader account, so orders will only fill when NinjaTrader is running.

This will not happen when trading a live account - the order will execute if NinjaTrader is not running. Once orders receive an 'Accepted' or 'Working' status, they reside at the exchange or at the broker servers on most occasions. You can view the order status in the Control Center-->Orders-tab, State column. More information can be found at the link below.
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the

Please note that OCO functionality resides in NinjaTrader for most broker technologies (except Continuum, CQG, IB and TD Ameritrade). So if you have an OCO order set (stop loss and profit target - ATM orders) active and you lose connection or NinjaTrader is shut down, subsequently one of the OCO orders fills at the exchange, it will not cancel the other OCO order. NinjaTrader needs to be running and connected to send the order cancellation request.

The same applies when you have an entry order active, which was submitted with an ATM strategy atttached. If you are disconnnected and the entry order executes thereafter, no ATM orders will be sent since NinjaTrader is not connected.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick replie jason, I work with Interactive Brokers so I understand that OCO orders will also work when NT platform is not running right?

Thanks again.

Damian.

Comment

Hello Damian,

Correct. If one of the OCO orders fill, the other one is cancelled even if NinjaTrader is not running.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post SantoshXX  
        Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes