Adding to a position and keeping multiple targets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding to a position and keeping multiple targets

Hello - I have a simple question that I've been searching for an answer to with no luck.

I'm looking to be able to add to an open position but keep separate target lines via Chart Trader.

For example, let's say I have a simple ATM strategy that sets my stop 10 ticks away and target 20 ticks the other way from my entry price, and I enter a 1 contract CL trade long at 100.00. Price moves up a few ticks and I decide I want to add a second contract at 100.05, with it own 10 tick stop and 20 tick target. Chart Trader averages my entry price to a single point (100.03), and mashes my 2 stop prices into one price and 2 targets in one target price. I don't mind the averaging or the single stop - but I want to keep my two targets separate, so that I can take profit at 100.10 and 100.15 for example. With the current setup, I am forced to exit my entire position when I want to take profit, and I don't want to do that.

Can you help me figure out how I can separate out the management of two or more targets?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Before submitting the secondary order, please re-select your ATM strategy template. This will cause a separate instance of the strategy to be used which will be based on the new entry price.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
    14 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post martin70  
    Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes