Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charting of General Market Techicals

Attn: Ray

I realize that NT was developed as a Symbol/Trading Entry program, but that you have moved into the charting and TA of symbols. With that, I am wondering if there is any though given yet to moving the charting process along to the next step?

That would be to allow the charting of general market technicals, such as the ISE Put/Call Ratio, and even further to allow the importing of Txt data that is in this format:

ISE Put/Call Ratio:
    Date Close
    4/1/2002 134
    4/2/2002 191
    4/3/2002 117
    4/4/2002 204

Once again, this would be technical information more related to the general market rather than an individual symbol.

Also, it would be necessary to be able to manually update the data in such a file as this information is not available for download from brokers.

So, if not currently, perhaps you might add this to your list of potential future changes/enhancements to NT.

Thanks,
    RTS
    Last edited by RTS Trading; 04-08-2008, 09:24 AM.

We categorize this data as an Index no different that tick, trin, vix etc...I suspect you can set this up as an instrument in the instrument manager and import any data that you have based on our format.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
      We categorize this data as an Index no different that tick, trin, vix etc...I suspect you can set this up as an instrument in the instrument manager and import any data that you have based on our format.
      Excuse me, I don't understand this too well.
      In a easier and more practical way, how does Ninja get (and chart) the put/call ratio in realtime, for istance for SPY ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mauripasto View Post
        Excuse me, I don't understand this too well.
        In a easier and more practical way, how does Ninja get (and chart) the put/call ratio in realtime, for istance for SPY ?
        If your data vendor has a symbol for it, and provides the data, then you can chart it. Conversely, if your data provider does not provide the data, NT cannot chart it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred