Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to create historical charts for tick based bars

Hi Support,
    I am only able to build tick based charts for August. The charts will not show any bars for July or later. Minute based charts will build correctly.
    I am using a Kinetick data connection. Tried the following instruments; 6E ##-##, CL ##-##, 6J ##-##, NQ ##-##, & ES ##-##. Options > Data tab, Get data from server is checked, and Merge policy: = MergeNonBackAdjusted

I have tried the following to resolve the issue in this order:
    Reload All Historical Data, via right clicking on the chart.
    Downloaded data via the Historical Data Manager, using Download tab and Reload tab.
    Reset Instruments, via Options > Data tab.
    Repair DB, via Options > Data tab.
    Reset DB, via Options > Data tab.
    Finally, deleted the \db\cashe folder

No errors show in the CC > Log tab.

Here is a screenshot showing my Data Series settings and the missing chart data.
    Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Hello zacharydw00

Thanks for your post.

When requesting tick data between the hours of 9:30am ET to 4:30pm ET you will have access to 8 days of historical tick data. If you request the data outside those hours the full 180 days is available. After you request the data, it will be downloaded to your historical database and cache, and you will be able to access this data at any time.

Requesting tick data consumes an extremely large amount of bandwidth and heightens data server loads. When bandwidth or server load is elevated to high levels, the result is that all data, including live data can be slowed down. We decided to make 180 days of tick data available, far more than other providers, and will not compromise the data by filtering it. We simply reduce any possibilities of overloading servers and bandwidth by limiting the amount of data available during peak trading time; the times that traders need data to be as fast as possible.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post maybeimnotrader  
    Started by quantismo, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes