Directory problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directory problem

I have a partitioned hard drive and recently I "relocated" the Ninja7 folder to a different drive on my hard drive. I am now trying to import a third party indicator and I getting an that there are programming errors that must be resolved before I can import ninjascript. The errors indicate that NT7 is looking at the old location on the C: drive. Any thoughts on how to resolve.

Thanks

Originally posted by mjwilt View Post
    I have a partitioned hard drive and recently I "relocated" the Ninja7 folder to a different drive on my hard drive. I am now trying to import a third party indicator and I getting an that there are programming errors that must be resolved before I can import ninjascript. The errors indicate that NT7 is looking at the old location on the C: drive. Any thoughts on how to resolve.

Thanks
    How do you mean: "relocate"? What did you do/move, and how?

Comment

Directory problem

I followed NT support directions, as follows:

To relocate the Documents folder:
      1. Open the User Profile folder- C:\Users\______
      2. Right click on the Documents folder and select properties
      3. Select the Location tab
      4. Press Move and select the location you would like the folder relocated to
      5. Select Yes to move all the files to the new location.

So, my NT7 folder which was previously on my C: drive was relocated, through the above process, to my E: drive. The problems I previously described are now happening since Ninja is looking in the C: folder for some indicators, creating errors.

Comment

Originally posted by mjwilt View Post
        I followed NT support directions, as follows:

To relocate the Documents folder:
        1. Open the User Profile folder- C:\Users\______
        2. Right click on the Documents folder and select properties
        3. Select the Location tab
        4. Press Move and select the location you would like the folder relocated to
        5. Select Yes to move all the files to the new location.

So, my NT7 folder which was previously on my C: drive was relocated, through the above process, to my E: drive. The problems I previously described are now happening since Ninja is looking in the C: folder for some indicators, creating errors.
        That is the correct way to relocate your NinjaTrader data folder. On the face of it, therefore, I should think that the relocation is not the cause of your problem.

One way to check is to send the Data folder back to the original location and see if the problem disappears. If it does, then your issue is with the third party indicator that you are trying to install: if the problem does not disappear, then you have a different issue, albeit probably also with the third party indicator.

Regarding the specifics of the third party indicator. Does that indicator have its own install routine, or are you using the standard NT import routine? You may also look in the zip file to see if there are any AdditionalReferences. Their path may have been hard coded.

Comment

Hello mjwilt,

Thank you for your note.

Since, you changed the location of the documents, the config file maybe referencing a different location then were your NinjaScript references are currently at.
          • In Control Center menu bar go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator
          • In the indicator dialog select any indicator and click on the 'Ok' button.

This will open the NinjaScript editor for you :

Right click in the code section of the NinjaScript editor.
          • In the context menu click on 'References'
          • In the Reference dialog, if a reference to the noted DLL files exists already then select the DLL's which are giving errors one by one and click on the 'Remove' button.

After removing, add back the reference with the right path :
          • In the Reference dialog, Click on the 'Add' button.
          • Select all the missing DLL's (located in the Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\ folder or in the NinjaTrader installation folder, typically C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 7\bin64) one by one and then click 'Ok'.
          • Compile the indicator now by pressing F5.

The issues should be resolved and your NT should be again in properly compiled state
          Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes