How to set SL and TP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to set SL and TP?

I feel stupid asking this, but I have spent 1 hour searching and cannot find the answer, maybe Im sleepy.

I have been using metatrader for 2 years, and now Im trying to migrate to Ninja trader, so Im struggling with basic things.

I want to set a Stop loss and take profit manually, what is the easiest way to do it?
    I dont have to be connected for Stops to be executed, right?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What you can do is to set the ATM Strategy box to <Custom> and then set a value for your Stop Loss. Leave the Profit Target section to 0 (zero). Then submit your order.
    Once your profit has been reached you can hit the 'Close' button.
    What is possible as well is to submit a Sell Limit order above the market (when you're long), or submit a Buy Limit order below the market.

It depends who your broker/provider is, with some you need to be connected as otherwise the signal can't be received.
    Please see here for more info about where your orders reside:
    Note: This information is relevant for NinjaTrader 7 only. For NinjaTrader 8, please click here (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/where_do_your_orders_reside_.htm). CQG Orders in a state &quot;Accepted&quot; or &quot;Working&quot; are at the exchange. If the exchange does not support a specific order type, the
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, its a bit more clear now.

I have the following questions:
      1. Why do you say I leave Profit Target to zero? The take profit cannot be set?
      2. In my case the broker is FXCM, is the SL and TP on server side? Order says filled. Or I should set a contrary order so it can be on server?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello,

1) You mentioned that you want to take Profit manually so that's why I left it at zero. You can enter a desired value as well, however you would then not take the profit manually since it would be at a set price.

2) With FXCM the Stop and Target reside locally on your machine, so if something happens, like your internet going down they would be lost. You would then be left naked in the market.
        There is a way to protect the naked order then:
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by terofs, Yesterday, 04:18 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post terofs
        by terofs

Started by CommonWhale, Today, 09:55 AM