Dummy Data Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dummy Data Box

Recently did a rebuild of workspaces and with one of them ended up with this critter which I can't fix. Anyone with any thoughts?
    TIA
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Does the issue remain when you close this Data Box and then open up a new one?
    If so, are you able to provide us with a reproducible scenario?
    Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dummy Data Box

If I close out the 'dummy' box and reopen with a 'new' data box, the artifact persists.

Not exactly sure what you mean by reproducible scenario. If I close down NT and then boot up again the artifact remains.

Interestingly, the second workspace I use also has a dummy when I open it but as soon as the cursor goes to a chart in the workspace, the dummy disappears and the usual DB presentation appears.

Comment

Hello,

Can you copy your Workspace folder, then zip this up and send it over to 'platformsupport at ninjatrader dot com'. Refer to this post and put in the subject 'For Vince'.

In addition, please let me know what version you have installed. Our current release is V7.0.1000.25 which you can check under Help--> About.

To get to your Workspace folder go to the Windows Start menu--> Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Workspace folder

Comment

Dummy Data Box

Thanks NT-Vince.
          Am off to work right now but will do as you ask when I return. I am using the 64 bit version of NT = V7.0.1000.25.

Comment

Hello,

When you send in the email I might be out of the office. Therefore instead of putting my name in the subject you can enter 'Follow up on case # 1131214'.

Comment

Hi NT_Vince,
              I sent on the requested data last Thursday and wonder if anyone has had any thoughts. The problem appears to reside in the templates and so a fix would be to wipe the workspace and start over with new templates - nice to avoid if possible.
              TIA

Comment

Hello Lawrence,

I replied to your note last Thursday, did you not receive my reply? This is what I sent:

"Hello Lawrence,

Thanks for sending.

I've copied the 2 workspaces into my NT installation and when I bring up the Intraday workspace I see the following:

There is no 'Dummy' listed when I connect. I tested with Kinetick data. However, if you can let me know who you are connected to I can connect as well to the same provider and see if I can reproduce."

What you can try as well is to close the software, then go to the Windows Start menu--> Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Workspaces folder--> Right click on the Workspaces folder--> Select Properties--> select 'Previous Versions'. Then restore a workspace from a date where everything was working normally. After this restart NT and see if the workspace loads normally.

Comment

Missed that - sorry. My data provider is CQG.

Tried the workaround and when I reset the workspace and boot up the Intraday WS again, initially I get what looks like the 'usual' data box except it is unresponsive = doesn't show any data. Then when I move it to a different chart it reverts back to the dummy thing. As before, on the Long Term WS it starts out in dummy mode but when I move it around to a different chart, the usual data box appears. Thanks for your help so far.

Comment

Dummy Data Box

Here's a screen shot showing the restored WS parameters.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Have you tried right clicking in the Workspaces folder itself and then selecting Properties? If not please do so and see if there are any previous versions listed. If there are, select one that didn't display the issue.

Comment

There are earlier versions in properties but they are ones that I had a problem with and resolved it by doing a complete NT install (not an uninstall-reinstall).
                        So I'm back now to dumping the current WS and associated templates and then rebuilding from there.

Comment

Figured out the problem - indicator conflict with a twist. If I select "Display in Data Box" for a couple of indicators (psmPrice and psmVolume) then the useless Dummy artifact is generated. By not selecting 'display', I remedy the problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                          47 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post aligator  
                          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jaybedreamin