Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market analyzer and tick data based indicators (???)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market analyzer and tick data based indicators (???)

Hello ,
    It is stated, that a default for the instrument column in MA is 1 minute. Actually, when sending an instrument column to a chart I see 1minute chart. I'm using tick data based inticators in MA in another columns, with CalculateOnBarClose = true. In the MA I defined alert conditions based on the indicator plot. I see inconsistencies between the same indicator in my charts and in MA , it means when alert conditions fulfilled on my chart, I don't get an alert on Market Analyzer, and vice versa, I get Market Analyzer alerts when conditions are not fulfilled on the chart. I suspect that somehow Market Analyzer relies on 1 minute data as a base for my tick based indicators. Is it possible? Has it something to do do with CalculateOnBarClose setting in the MA columns?

Hello xTrader1,

The Instrument column in the Market Analyzer does not use an interval. Indicator columns do use intervals in the Market Analyzer. If set to a Tick interval, it will use this Tick interval and not a 1 Minute interval.

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Load data based on' to Bars. Enter a value to your liking.

Subsequently right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns'. Select the Indicator columns in question and set '# of bars to look back' to the same value you entered in the data series menu of the chart.

Make sure all other settings are the same as well such as 'Calculate on bar close' and the session template. The indicator should now report the same values and alerts.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

May be I overlooked something, but the only option for chart indicators bars lookback I know is 256 or infinite. Does it mean should I set nr of bars to look back as 256 in every column with involved indicator to match my charts?
      Another question: what is a meaning of Type Regular/BarGraph in MA column setting?

An update: setting 256 bars to look back in MA seems to solve my problem. Just FYI there is 4 seconds delay between detecting a condition on my chart and the detection by MA. As CPU load is 2% it should be a performance problem.
      Last edited by xTrader1; 08-13-2014, 02:37 AM.

Comment

No, please set "# of bars to look back" to the same amount of bars loaded in the chart to have indicators match.

Please set the 'Maximum bars look back' setting the same between the chart and Market Analyzer as well.

It determines how the indicator is plotted in the Market Analyzer. If set to BarGraph, it will display a bar instead of a numeric value.

Comment

Please see my update. Yet I don't know how to set Max. number of bars to look back on the chart.

Comment

You can find it in the Indicator menu for each indicator.

Does the delay persist if you set 'Calculate on bar close' to False in both the chart and Market Analyzer?

Comment

I repeat my question: Is it possible to set Maximum bars look back to any value except "TwoHundredFiftySix" and "Infinite" in indicators (not a strategy) ? If not, my solution to set 256 in MA was the right one.

Regarding delays - looking carefully, with CaculateOnBarClose = true , the delay is between 0-5 seconds. As it's not critical, I didn't test CaculateOnBarClose = false.

Comment

No, unfortunately this setting only has two choices.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post tsantospinto  
                Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes