Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulk export of historical data?

Hello,

I downloaded historical data for the nyse, nasdaq, etc... and I see an export tab in the historical data manager, but I do not see a way to select all securities and then hit the export button once and have all data for all securities exported in one shot. Is there a way to do that? I only see the capability to export one security at a time!?

Thanks,
    Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your post.

Within NinjaTrader 7 data exports must take place on an instrument by instrument basis. There is no way to export data from a group of instruments at once however this is something our development staff is considering adding support for in the future.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

I see this problem was raised a while ago. Has there been any progress to have this implemented?

Or.. is there any workaround or third party tool that allows you to export all historical data in a single task?

I am moving to a new computer and I'd like to migrate all my historical data, but it seems pretty inconvenient to have to do the export one by one?
      Can I just not copy a file or database that's stored somewhere else in my computer?

Thank you!

Comment

Hello mickael28,

There have been no changes to how NinjaTrader 7 allows historical data to be exported since the original post. With that said, you could easily transfer data between copies of NinjaTrader by creating a backup instead of exporting data.

Please follow these steps to create a Backup Archive:

1. Disconnect from all connectivity providers (if connected) and from within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the menu item Backup...
        2. The "Backup NinjaTrader" dialog window will appear
        3. Select the items you wish to back up
        4. Press the "Run Backup" button

To transfer the backup file to your other PC I would recommend using email, a USB drive or a file sharing utility like SendSpace.

After downloading the backup to your new PC, settings can be restored by following these steps:
        1. From within the Control Center window select the File menu. Then select the menu Utilities and the Restore menu item.
        2. Select the backup archive to restore from the "Restore" file dialog window
        3. Press the "Open" button

Below I have provided a link to the Backup and Restore section of our help guide.

Below I have provided a link to our NinjaTrader 7 Tips - Backing Up Settings To A Second PC YouTube video.
        Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to back up your settings to a second PC with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrader 7 ...
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
          you could easily transfer data between copies of NinjaTrader by creating a backup instead of exporting data.
          [/url]
          Thank you for the help!!, I'll try that method...

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          171 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
          Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Irukandji