• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Swing position and day trading position on same contract

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swing position and day trading position on same contract

Good day,

I have a question regarding day trading and swing trading simultaneous one same contract.

Right now I am swing trading the bund, but I want to start day trading this contract too. How does this work with NT, since I want those two things to keep separate.

Lets say I am long bund in my swing, but I want to to go short in my day trade.. Does it mean that when I have a long position, and I go 'short', it just sells my long (swing) position, taking me out of the market completely? Or does it keep my long position live, and sells another contract. Ergo, I got 1 long, and 1 short position? (thats the thing I want)

Does it work like this or does it just cancel my long position (instead of 1 long, 1 short)? If so, is it possible to program NT that it will do what I like?

Thank you in advance.

Paul

Hello Paul,

Unfortunately, it will close your existing position. It is not supported to have a short and long position in one instrument simultaneously.

However you can manage multiple virtual positions when using ATM strategies in the same market as follows.

- Open 2 SuperDOMs and set them both to the same market
    - Right click in on of the SuperDOMs and select the menu "Properties"
    - Set the 'ATM Strategy selection mode' parameter to "DisplaySelectedAtmStrategyOnly"
    - Repeat the last two instructions on the second SuperDOM
    - Submit a buy order with an ATM strategy attached to open a long position in the first SuperDOM
    - Submit a sell order with an ATM strategy attached to open a short position in the second SuperDOM

In addition to these instructions, I suggest reviewing the content available in our Online Help Guide specific to this topic.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ction_mode.htm

I have also attached a screenshot as an example. The SuperDOMs show virtual positions and the Control Center-->Positions-tab does not show a position (because the buy and sell entries are paired as one trade).
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the quick response. I'll get into it and if I have further questions I'll let you know!

Paul

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RandanAL, Today, 05:13 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post RandanAL  
      Started by timko, Today, 05:06 PM
      0 responses