Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 does not exit on Windows 8.1

Hello,

I have Windows 8.1 one language on my new laptop. When I want to shutdown NT7, I click File - Exit - Save all workspaces (on the alert windows) and nothing happened. NT7 close the connection, but all the windows are still opened.

I use Task Manager in this case, but I noticed that my charts sometimes are not saved. I have to re-draw.

Once I use a Task Manager to close the program, GC chart was freezing when I switched the period. Other charts worked correctly. And I could not fix GC and re-install NT. Now it's ok, but I am afraid that the situation could be repeated.

Also I noticed, that if I open NT7 and close within a couple of minutes - everything is OK, but if I use it for a long time - it does not close completely.

I wrote to the support one week ago, but didn't get an answer.

I attach log and trace files.

Please, give me an advise how to fix the problem.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM.

Hello corylee,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

Please perform a repair of the installation with the instructions below:
    • You will not lose your settings or files with these instructions.
    1. Close all running applications.
    2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
    3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
    4. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
    5. Reboot your machine.
    6. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-registration.php

Please let us know if you are able to get up and running after the reinstall.

Comment

NT7 freeze on period change

Hi,

Sorry for the answer delay. I did like you wrote - NT7 shutdown is good now.

But I have an other big problem, I hoped I could avoid it. I work with the charts and draw a lot. Everything work fine, but in one moment I change the chart period, for example, from Dayly to 60 minutes and NT7 freeze. All CPU in this moment is high load. I see in a task manager, that NT7 does not answer. I close it manually and lose all the drawings

I add the log and trace files to this message. Please, give me an advise how to fix the problem too.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 08-27-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Hello corylee,

Thank you for your response.

Please shut down NinjaTrader > then go to the following directory on your PC: (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces > then delete the '_Workspaces' file that is a .XML file type (this will not delete your workspaces) > then restart NinjaTrader and open a new chart without any templates applied and advise if you see the same behavior on the new chart as you did with your workspace(s).

Comment

Hi,

I did like you told and removed the "_Workspaces" file. On the new chart everything is OK, but I want to copy my drawing objects. I have only two boxes on the old chart. When I copied the objects I got the same error. Then I removed one of the boxes and everything is OK now both on the new and on the old chart. I redraw the box and it works too. I change the period and it works fine (both old and new chart). How can I avoid "high CPU" problem?

Also, I noticed the first problem again. I chose Exit, but it only closed the connection, nothing happened then. I closed NT7 via Task Manager again. I don't sure that the problem is solved.

Regards, Ivan.

Comment

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for the follow up.

I can investigate the situation further if you send me your latest log and trace files.

Regarding the performance issues you are experiencing, tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the Help Guide link below.

Please send a note to platformsupport [AT] ninjatrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Ryan L." in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
            1.) A link to this forum thread.
            2.) Your latest log and trace file:
            You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
            • The log file will be named "log.20140829.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
            • The trace file will be named "trace.20140829.txt"
            Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

Sorry for a delay. I replaced my HDD disk to SSD and for a while I didn't have a "complete shut down" problem. But I have it again.

I send a message to email as you told and I hope very much for your help!

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the follow up.

I have not received a new email or note regarding this forum post.

Can you please re-submit the email at your convenience with today's log and trace files attached?

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                • The log file will be named "log.20140915.txt"

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                • The trace file will be named "trace.20140915.txt"

I look forward to assisting you further.
                Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses