fully protect by brac****rder on broker side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fully protect by brac****rder on broker side

to fully protect my automatic trading strategies i need to put all (potential) orders of a bracket on brokers side

How to make real brac****rders (3 legs) within NT in a way that the primary order and the 2 attached potential orders (stop and profit) are kept on broker side.

At IB you can attach a stop and a limit to a primary order. In this way the primary order is always protected, In case you loose connection etc.
    for example :
    100 buy limit at $1.30
    101 sell stop at $1.25 oco
    102 selll limit at $1.40 oco

#101 and #102 are oco and attached to #100

#100 becomes an active order.
    as soon as order# 100 is executed #101 and #102 are becoming active orders.
    If order #100 is never executed #101 and #102 are never becoming active orders.

Like to know this both for the managed and unmanaged approach.

Hello yeshe,

Thank you for your post.

Please visit the following link to understand where the orders resided: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=5349

For Managed Approach you would use SetProfitTarget() and SetStopLoss(). For Unamanged Approach you need to input the OCO id in as a constructor for the SubmitOrder() method.

Please visit the following link to view the different Order Methods and approaches: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...er_methods.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you but your answer and the links you provided do not fit my question

to restate: is it possible to place a 3 legged brac****rder in NT and have it reside on the IB server (see my former example)?

How to do this (in the (un)managed approach?

Comment

Originally posted by yeshe View Post
        Thank you but your answer and the links you provided do not fit my question

to restate: is it possible to place a 3 legged brac****rder in NT and have it reside on the IB server (see my former example)?

How to do this (in the (un)managed approach?
        That page says this:
        Interactive Brokers
        Orders in a state "Accepted" or "Working" are at the exchange or on IB's servers in situations where the exchange does not have native support for an order type.
        OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.
        Clearly, for IB, your orders are resting on the broker's server.
        Last edited by koganam; 08-18-2014, 09:29 AM. Reason: Corrected punctuation.

Comment

Thank you

How would i place this 3 legged brac****rder within a strategy?:

primarylongorder= SubmitOrder(0,OrderAction.Buy,OrderType.Limit,Quan tity,1.3,0,"","primary order")
          exitstopLong = SubmitOrder(0,OrderAction.Sell,OrderType.Stop,Quan tity,0,1.25,"oco","stoplong");
          profitLong = SubmitOrder(0,OrderAction.Sell,OrderType.Limit,Qua ntity,1.4,0,"oco","profitlong");

remember my intention :
          primarylongorder and exitstoplong and profitlong are transferred to the broker immediately from the strategy within NT ( primarylongorder is placed immediately as an order but exitstoplong and profitlong are NOT orders yet.)

as soon as primarylongorder is EXECUTED it will make exitstoplong and profitlong into working orders connected with an OCO.

Most important this should all happen on brokerside, so that the primarylongorder is not the only order placed (without the stoploss and take profit in place) in case off a power-outage or crash.

This is possible within IB, how can NT tap into this??

yeshe

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, Yesterday, 09:53 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
          Started by Rapine Heihei, Yesterday, 07:51 PM
          1 response
          0 likes