Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking data disconnection

Hi,
    I am using kinetick data and even though I am satisfied with the quality of their service, I sometimes experience data disconection. Plus I am using script strategies for trading. With strategies, I have set (Options - Strategies - Ninjascript) all the values to higher numbers(10 seconds delay, 59 restart attempts before disabling strategy, restarts within 60 minutes) because I was facing a problem when my strategies were shut down during the IB server restarts.

Now the problem I am trying to solve is - when I am disconected from kinetick, data, I dont get any kind of alert, no window pops up, nothing, so on last occasion it took me more than hour before I realised something is wrong. Which is not really OK.

My question is - can I somehow set some kind of alert or something else, that would let me know data is disconnected (so I could reconnect immediately etc.)

Thank you.

fLife, sorry to hear - what connection state do you exactly see when this happens? ConnectionLost? Your script can monitor the OnConnectionStatus event but this would be for the traded account connection only, so IB in your case.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, thanks for reply.
      In this particular case, surprisingly enough, the connection bars, which are usually green - "Connected - InteractiveBrokers" and go orange when disconnected from either IB or data provider, stayed green the whole time....
      hence the longer perioed before I realised something is wrong...

Comment

fLife, thanks. Could you please get us the log / traces for review via Help > Mail to Support?
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses