Ninja trader & esignal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja trader & esignal

hi, my broker offers esignal. and ninjatrader is the software i have my strategies on.

i would like to connect esignal to ninjatrader. manage my strategies and positions on ninjatraders and send buy/sell orders to esignal for execution

questions;

1) above possible?
    2) what version of ninjatrader is required? does the free version work? Thats what i have so far

Thanks

Hi calhawk01,

Yes, you can trade to your eSignal account.

To do this, connect to eSignal and select the eSignal account in the Account: drop-down for order windows and for strategies.

You will need a live license key to place live orders to a live broker.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
    The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you a choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
    • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
    • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
    • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!

Any version of NinjaTrader will work for this, but I will always recommend that you use the latest version. Currently we are on 7.0.1000.25.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      Hi calhawk01,

Yes, you can trade to your eSignal account.

To do this, connect to eSignal and select the eSignal account in the Account: drop-down for order windows and for strategies.

You will need a live license key to place live orders to a live broker.

Purchase Options - Single Broker
      The best value when purchasing NinjaTrader is to select one of our lifetime purchase options. Alternatively you can also lease our software for a period of time that makes sense to you. We make purchasing NinjaTrader easy by providing you a choice in how you access our software...choose a plan that suits you best!
      • Lifetime license for a one time payment of $995
      • Lifetime license for 4 easy monthly payments of $299
      • Several flexible leasing options starting as low as $50 per month

Learn more about our purchase options!

Any version of NinjaTrader will work for this, but I will always recommend that you use the latest version. Currently we are on 7.0.1000.25.

single broker purchase; the list doesnt include my broker. what do i do? i might be trading with a prop shop

and is there a option to pay monthly rather than paying one big amount for the entire year?
      Last edited by staycool3_a; 08-18-2014, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Hi calhawk01,

Thanks for your reply. Send an email to sales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com to inquire about starting a new license with eSignal.

There are leased options for a single broker license which I am adding below.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase-lease.php

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          Hi calhawk01,

Thanks for your reply. Send an email to sales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com to inquire about starting a new license with eSignal.

There are leased options for a single broker license which I am adding below.
          http://www.ninjatrader.com/purchase-lease.php
          hi Chelsea i did contact support.

I have not gotten a definitive answer yet but it seems the support guy indicated that i can only connect NT to utilize esignal's data feed. is that correct?

what i'm trying to do is connect NT to esignal and sent execution signals to esignal. is that possible?

for example: i have a strategy programmed in NT. i turn on the connection between NT and esignal. Then i turn on the strategy in NT. when the strategy wants to execute the order; it sends the order to esignal software to be executed by the broker that is connected to esignal.

is that possible? my broker is a proprietary trading group.

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to submit orders to an eSignal using NinjaTrader. As it stands the eSignal connection which is available to NinjaTrader is a data-only connection.
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
              Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to submit orders to an eSignal using NinjaTrader. As it stands the eSignal connection which is available to NinjaTrader is a data-only connection.

thanks kyle

Are you sure there isn't an API solution to this?

Can NT send orders to Excel worksheet?

Comment

Hello,

I know of no work around which could be used to accomplish what you have outlined however if other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                  Hello,

I know of no work around which could be used to accomplish what you have outlined however if other questions come up which I could assist you with please let me know.
                  No that's fine for now. Pretty much blows my mind though lol

Comment

is it possible to send order/execution signals from NT to sterling pro?

or

is there a way to output NT signals to Excel?

Comment

Hi calhawk01,

Unfortunately we do not support an adapter with Sterling Trader Pro at this time.

eSignal is not a broker which is why orders cannot be routed to eSignal, NinjaTrader connects to this as a data feed only.

There is an unsupported way you can write to an Excel file, however, I do not know of a way to stream the data directly to an open file in excel.

Below is a link to information about writing to an excel file.
                      http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...36938&page=7#1
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-19-2014, 11:49 AM.

Comment

One solution would be to output the buy and sell signals from Ninja to a text file and then use the eSignal file object class to read the file and send in the orders.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post jaybedreamin