Kinetick EOD - bunch of symbols gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick EOD - bunch of symbols gone

I download daily EOD data using the free Kinetick end of day service. Recently as of last week I can no longer download data for a bunch of symbols. Most of them are ETFs, others are in the Russell 2000.

When I try to download them from the historical data manager I get the "unknown instrument (Panic)" error message. When I run a backtest while connected it lists the instrument name.

Attached is a txt file of all of the instruments I can no longer download for some reason. For example, if the symbol is "QQQQ" the error message is "Error on loading chart data for 'QQQQ Default'. Unable to load historical data: unknown instrument." Did these all suddenly get de-listed? I know "QQQQ" is now "QQQ" so that explains that. Did the AMEX do a bulk de-listing last week or something?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I would recommend that you check the symbol map settings which you are using for these instruments against the symbol which Kinetick lists in their symbol look up to ensure that your symbol settings are correct.

To view an instrument's symbol map setting:
    Open the Instrument Manager via the Control Center's Tools > Instrument Manager option.
    Within the Instrument Manager window, please select your instrument from the list on the upper right then click Edit.
    In the Instrument Editor's Misc tab, scroll down to the 'Symbol Map' section and check the value entered next to Kinetick.

Kinetick's Symbol Look Up utility is available here: https://www.kinetick.com/support#Symbol-Search
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by benmarkal, Yesterday, 12:52 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
    Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
    1 response
    0 likes