Yahoo EOD Dax Stocks problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yahoo EOD Dax Stocks problems

In my afternoon (your morning in east-coast) when I connect Yahoo data feed on dax stocks instrument like BMW.DE I can see also the last day bar Today 8-19-2014, but if I change instrument like LHA.DE and I return to see BMW.DE, the today bar is no longer visible.
    Basically, when I load data for the first time, i can see the last bar, but if I reload data or change instrument the last bar is lost.
    Again... if I disconnected and connect again yahoo data feed, the last bar appears again, but only the first time that loading the data.

I set the session template as Default 24/7.

Did I forget something in the setting or NT7 does not do his duty ?

Thanks in advance.
    Luca

Hello Luca,

When I test the BMW.DE on my end, I do not load today's daily bar. I tried the LHA.DE as well.

Subsequently I switched my PC clock to GMT +1 time zone (it was initially set to GMT -7). It now does load today's bar. However the previous bar dates 8/16. Also, when I switch between the BMW.DE and LHA.DE or reload historical data, today's bar remains. I even show a 8/20 bar when I switch to the BMW.DE on some occassions.

When I selected a session template that uses GMT +1 hours, it loaded proper data. I selected the Eurex Equity Index Futures in the chart and it loaded data for 8/18 and 8/19.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My clock pc is set to GMT+1 time zone and in data series i set Eurex Equity Index Futures in the char, but I have same problems.
      Any idea more ... ?
      Thanks

Comment

Hello Luca,

Thank you for the follow up.

Explaining further why the time being displayed on your daily charts as one day in the future.

First item to look into here is how your session templates are defined. NinjaTrader uses your PC clock to time stamp bars, and session templates are built according to a user defined time zone. So, if the session template is defined in US time zone, and your PC clock is set to GMT +1, NinjaTrader takes this into account.

It looks like there is a 1 day delay but is really the difference between the time zone defined in the session template, and the time zone of your computer clock.

Please note that price bars are time stamped at the closing time. For example if your PC clock uses GMT +1 time zone, daily bars are timestamped one day in the future. The closing time of the daily bar for 6/25 is during 6/26 as per GMT +1 time zone.

If you like to reflect the price bars as expected, you will need to set your PC clock to US time zone.
        Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I set my PC clock to US time zone and after 30 seconds the current bar appear again.
          The same with Pc clock to Italy zone ....

It seems that the time zone does not affect the behavior and the bar will be updated today to yahoo with a 15-minute delay.

However now I understood the operation.

Thanks
          Last edited by sniper; 08-20-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by LawrenHom, Today, 10:45 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post LawrenHom  
          Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post love2code2trade