Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinetick + NT + IB

Good day,

I am using Interactive Brokers and NT, and till today I was using data from IB.

Today I purchased Kinetick (Level 1 and 2 for US and EUR markets) and I can't seem to get working properly anymore...

I put Kinetick as 'connect when open' and switched it off for IB-data. Right now, if I open NT, it will connect to Kinetick, but it won't open my IB account anymore. (this used to be the case before) and I can only sim trade. If I than also connect to IB data, I can trade live again, BUT I get IB data and not Kinetick...

I don't know whats going wrong but I would like:

I open NT, that should be linked to my IB so they open both simultaneous, than I wan't NT to use Kinetick as my first data and connect to IB as back-up.

Please enlighten me..

Thanks. Paul

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your post.

You will want to keep Connect On Start up enabled for Kinetick and disabled for Interactive Brokers. You will need to manually connect to Interactive Brokers once NinjaTrader starts by going to File> Connect
    This will ensure ALL data comes from Kinetick and you can still trade to Interactive Brokers.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the reply. The settings as you suggested are done. However it's not working yet.

If I connect to NT, it will only open NT and not IB. NT says Kinetick is connected (thats good), however it won't open IB. When I open my IB by hand, it won't interact with NT since I still can't trade on my live account (only sim).

If I than open my IB data in NT, I am able to trade life, but it doesn't use Kinetick (checked it).

Somehow there is no connection now between my NT and IB.. only if I switch to IB data is works now..

What am I missing?

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

What happens when you try to manually connect to Interactive Brokers after Kinetick has connected? Is there an error and if so what does it say?

Comment

There is no error,

Nothing changes. They just seem to run separate. Only when I switch om IB data in NT, they connect and I can use NT. But than it uses IB..

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply.
            So I may assist you further please answer the following.

1) What version of NinjaTrader are you using? (Example: 7.0.1000.25)

* You can check under Help -> About

2) What build of Traders Workstation are you using?

* To verify what version of Traders Workstation you currently have log into Traders Workstation
            * Under Help go to About Traders Workstation...
            * Scroll down and look for Build

3) Does your Traders Workstation settings match the ones in the second screen shot of our Interactive Brokers connection guide?

* http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

4) Does the icon at the top left of your Traders Workstation match the one in the Interactive Brokers Connection Guide? (blue box with IB inside)

* http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

Comment

Thanks Brandon,

1) Version of NT: 7.0.1000.24

2) Interactive Brokers:

Build 944.3, Apr 1, 2014 1:29:41 PM
              Jolt Build 1.2.6, Feb 14, 2014 04:09:43 PM
              Nia Build 1.11.5, Jan 22, 2014 05:21:07 PM
              ModelNav Build 1.1.47, Jan 7, 2014 10:26:24 AM
              Riskfeed Build 1.24.7, Mar 5, 2014 10:12:20 AM

3) Settings match the screenshot

4) The icon matches, exept I have the menu next to the icon: file, edit, trade, account, trading tools etc, but the icon is the same..

Paul

Comment

Hello Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

Please write in to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com requesting a call to assist with connecting to Kinetick and Interactive Brokers at the same time so we can schedule a time to remote into your computer and resolve.

Comment

OK Brandon, thanks.

I'll give it tomorrow another and otherwise I'll contact them tomorrow.

Paul

Comment

It appears that I am having precisely the same issue. Are you able to provide further guidance or will I also need to arrange for a call/remote session with platform support?

Thanks.

Comment

Hello OneTrader,

Thanks for your post.

Please answer the questions in post 6.

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. Here you go:

1) 7.0.1000.25
                        2) Build 944.3, Apr 1, 2014 1:29:41 PM Jolt Build 1.2.6, Feb 14, 2014 04:09:43 PM Nia Build 1.11.5, Jan 22, 2014 05:21:07 PM ModelNav Build 1.1.47, Jan 7, 2014 10:26:24 AM Riskfeed Build 1.24.7, Mar 5, 2014 10:12:20 AM
                        3) Yes
                        4) Yes

Actually, I may have solved part of the problem. I connected to Kinetick and then connected to IB separately and seem to have a connection to IB now. However, the account dropdown gives me access to all the IB accounts I have access to (I am an advisor with multiple accounts). This occurs despite the fact that I set up access to the single account that I am looking to test trade through. In order to avoid mistaken allocations, I would prefer that just one IB account would appear. Any suggestions on how to make that happen?

I appreciate your help. I am a rookie user having just bought the license in the last week.

Comment

Hello OneTrader,

Thank you for your response.

You would need to have IB create separate account credentials for a single account. Currently, it appears that they are all under the same username and password.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
                          Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem resolved. Pilot error!

I had logged into IB as an advisor. I had to request that the sub account be given trading privileges and then log into IB under that account only. I then logged into NT, connected to Kinetick, then made the connection to the IB and presto. All is well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post chbruno