Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discrepancy between last indicator values and Market Analyzer Values

Hi there,

I'm trying to use the Market Analyzer to screen some stocks based on their latest indicator value.

However, the latest values which Market Analyzer has are different to what my chart shows.

For example,

According to my chart, the stock UGL_ASX has latest values MA1 = 34.37 and MA2 = 20.13 (please see attachment).

According to Market Analyzer, the latest values are MA1 = 19.79 and MA2 = 8.54 (please see attachment)

I've rechecked the indicator parameters and timeframes in both chart and Market Analyzer, which are exactly the same.

I've also made sure that the # bars look back for both Market Analyzer properties and Indicator are the same. Interestingly, if I set to be 1 then no results are generated in the Market Analyzer. I would have thought that 1 should work fine?

Thanks,

Scott
    Attached Files

Hello Scott,

An indicator requires at least 20 price bars to be calculated, so it will not produce a result when set to 1 bar.

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Load data based on' to Bars. Enter a value to your liking.

Subsequently right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns'. Select the Indicator column in question and set '# of bars to look back' to the same value you entered in the data series menu of the chart.

Make sure all other settings are the same as well such as 'Calculate on bar close' and the session template. You can select the session template in the Market Analyzer in the Market Analyzer Properties menu.

Check if this will produce the same indicator values. This works on my end when I test it on my end.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

An indicator requires at least 20 price bars to be calculated, so it will not produce a result when set to 1 bar.
      I think I misunderstood this parameter (please see attached BarsToLookBack.png). I thought it was 'Bars Ago' type parameter which gave me the indicator's values x days' ago. I understand now.

Can you please right click in the chart and select 'Data Series'. Set 'Load data based on' to Bars. Enter a value to your liking. Subsequently right click in the Market Analyzer and select 'Columns'.
      To me this sounds like I'm adjusting the way in which my charts uses price data to be comparable to the way in which Market Analyzer uses price data. Since I'm more often looking at my chart and it is essentially a visual reference that I use for reading indicators, can I make the Market Analyzer behave the same way that my chart behaves? Rather than the other way around.

Select the Indicator column in question and set '# of bars to look back' to the same value you entered in the data series menu of the chart.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it should matter how long the indicator is looking back: as long as the lookback period is longer than the indicator requiring the most number of bars, the last value (today) of the indicator should be same(?)

Make sure all other settings are the same as well such as 'Calculate on bar close' and the session template. You can select the session template in the Market Analyzer in the Market Analyzer Properties menu.
      The session template is set to "use instrument settings" and these are all correct.

Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

You could count the amount of bars loaded in the chart and subsequently enter that value in the Market Analyzer.

It can make a difference. If you do not show the same values in the chart and Market Analyzer, please set the number of bars setting the same in the chart and Market Analyzer.

Comment

Thanks Jason.

I've just created an example with a couple of indicators which aren't showing the same values in the chart and Market Analyzer. I've shown all of the settings too. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Can you please check the Indicator menu of the chart and check if the same setting is used for 'Calculate on bar close'.

Do you have the Asx RTH session template selected in the Market Analyzer Properties menu?

Do you get the same values if you use a 1 minute interval instead?

Comment

I checked and attached the chart's Calculate on bar close settings.

I changed the Market Analyzer session template from "use instrument settings" to "Asx RTH" but that the same results.

I also tried with 1 minute settings but the Market Analyzer did not produce any values (attached).

Thanks!
              Attached Files

Comment

I see different instruments in the chart and Market Analyzer in your screenshot.

WBC_ASX in the chart
                WDC_ASX in the Market Analyzer

Can you please make sure the same instrument is used and check again.

Comment

Ah yes, sorry about that. It gave the correct values on the minute chart and now also the weekly chart. Perhaps the discrepancy is caused by the time of day that I'm getting the data from eSignal? Since I was trying this last night and now it is morning?

Comment

Sorry I am not sure if I follow. Do you still experience discrepancy after selecting the same instrument in the chart and Market Analyzer?

Comment

Hi Jason,

There isn't any discrepancy anymore and I really can't work out how it occurred. I might as well delete this thread if you don't think it has any contribution to the forum?

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post DanielSanMartin  
                      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes