AAPL split and Kinetick minute data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAPL split and Kinetick minute data

I have historical 1 min data for AAPL going back to 2002 which I have loaded into NT unadjusted up to Jan 2014. I also have Kinetick 1 min data which is good for the last two years. Min data is unadjusted but daily is adjusted from the documentation.

I have imported splits and dividends using a Yahoo connection. If I don't turn on split adjustment in NT, the daily chart looks great but intraday charts show a great gap on June 9 2014. If I turn on split adjustment, the daily chart shows a big gap but intraday charts are fine.

This makes testing multi-timeframe strategies pretty inconvenient. Is there any way around that and should I consider a different data provider that either does not adjust any data or adjusts all data?

thanks

Filipe

Hello Filipe,

Thank you for your post.

Kinetick EOD Free data is pre-adjusted data, so adjusting the data again will result in the conflict you are seeing. You may wish to export the historical data you have and re-import it and make sure to select 'Generate Daily bars from imported data'. Then do not connect to Kinetick EOD, to make sure you are using only your daily data.

To import and export please go to Tools > Historical Data Manager. Please visit the following link for information on the Historical Data Manager: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ta_manager.htm

Comment

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Christopher_R  
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses