X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM: Historical OK, Live Not

Hello,

I set up a FXCM demo account.

It connects with no problem, and I am getting historical data (from Ninja Server) but no live streaming data.

I have the Demo option checked.

Please advise...thank you

Hello Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your post.

So I may investigate this matter further please answer the following questions.
    • What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)
    • What instrument(s) have you selected?
    • What interval is selected for your chart(s)? (Example: Tick, Minute, Day, etc.)
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

I look forward to your response.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

Yes, thank you...there are errors in the log

FXCM: Failed to subscribe to instrument '$EURUSD': Unknown OfferID / bad symbol map FXCM: Failed to subscribe to instrument '$EURCHF': Unknown OfferID / bad symbol map
      I have the latest version of Ninja... 7.0.1000.25

installed it before I started this thread...

thank you!

Comment

Hello Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your response.

Please reset your instruments and restart NinjaTrader. To reset your instruments please: go to the Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments'.

Comment

that worked

but it also reset my session default on my futures instruments from 24/7

will need to change all those

thank you

Comment

Hello!
            Similar problem here - demo FXCM connection, CFD gets historical data but no new live streaming.
            When I click 'reload all historical data' it gets the 'new' quotes since last reload, still no live data after that.
            Forex instruments are fine - both historical and new live.
            This is with Ninja historical data servers, if I choose FXCM no historical data available. Demo option is checked.
            Tried 'reset DB', 'repair DB', 'reset instruments' - nothing happened. Tried repairing Ninja installation with starting the installer again - still nothing.
            This happens on a new Windows system where I could probably have messed up the regional/numbers settings - decimal dividers, number format etc. I have resetted those to en_us all but still no result.

Comment

One way to 'fix' this was with a FXCM UK demo (prevous was from FXCM USA).
              Error row in log (on FXCM-US server) is
              Code:
              FXCM: Failed to subscribe to instrument '$GER30_CFDEUR': Unknown OfferID / bad symbol map
              Ninja version is 7.0.1000.27.
              There were some specific differencies for order execution between FXCM UK and USA, but I thought that didn't matter for quotes? At least I haven't noticed up to now. Should I change something?
              Last edited by .kypa; 05-11-2015, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Just noticed Gold (XAUUSD) actually doesn't get new data on FXCM-UK either, Oil (both Brent and WTI) and DAX work fine (on FXCM-USA they didn't).
                This time no error row on the log.

Comment

Hello .kypa,

Thank you for your post.

For the first item, this would not be due to your database as you are able to receive the historical data. This would actually suggest real-time data is not enabled from the subscription for the instrument.

For the second item, this is not your quotes that are not correct. It would seem the real-time data is not enabled in this case as well.

For all cases, please check with your broker on your subscriptions and the instruments you are trying to view.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
                  14 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Board game geek  
                  Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby