Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ETF Trading

Hello,

I have a multibroker license and I want to trade also ETFs. Which broker I can trade ETF with NinjaTrader please?

Thanks
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader will support trading stocks and ETFs with Interactive Brokers and TD Ameritrade. You may find a full list of supported brokers at the following link to the NinjaTrader Ecosystem page:

Please feel free to contact us if you are ever in need of support

Comment

Broker Demo Account

Hello. Which broker can be used in connection with NT if broker's account is demo?

Comment

Hello Alexstox,
        Thank you for the post.

You can view a list of our supported brokers at the publicly available link below:
        http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Brokers.php

Please let us know if we may be of additional assistance.
        Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

But there is no information about demo aacount connection with NT

Comment

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for the post.

Are you looking to set up a demo with the NinjaTrader Brokerage?

If you are interested in opening a free demo account for futures data please visit the following link that is publicly available below:
            http://www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com/...s_trading_demo

If you are looking to open a demo account for Forex data please visit the following link that is publicly available below:
            https://www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com...x_trading_demo

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

I mean what if I have demo account opened in TDAmeritrade for example, will it connect in NT? And which broker's demo can be connect to NT? If no one, please give a link where to see connection for free Yahoo as provider of stocks, ETFs...

Comment

Hello alexstox,
                Thank you for the post.

You should be able to use a demo account from TD Ameritrade within the NinjaTrader platform. You will want to contact TD Ameritrade for more information on the demo accounts they may provide.

I've included instructions on creating a connection to TD Ameritrade below:

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

If a broker is supported by NinjaTrader then you would be able to connect with them within the NinjaTrader platform. You can view a list of our supported brokers at the publicly available link below:
                http://ninjatraderecosystem.com/Brokers.php

If you are looking to use Yahoo, I've included the instructions on setting up this connection below:
                http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...nnection-Guide

Comment

Unfortunately TDA demo doesn't want to connect with NT. So, only Yahoo. Thank you.

Comment

Do you have some guide how to add new instruments - forexample SPY ETF from Yahoo.

Comment

Hello alexstox,

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments however, you may find the need to add an additional instrument.

Please follow the instructions below to add an instrument in the Instrument Manager.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
                      Press the 'New' button
                      *Enter in instrument specific information and select the appropriate exchange (add Default exchange for equities in addition to the actual exchange)
                      Fill in any relevant information under the 'Misc' tab such as symbol mapping for your target connectivity provider
                      Press the 'OK' button
                      * If you wish to add an equity, this can be accomplished without following the steps above. Just open a chart (for example) and start typing in the symbol and a new instrument is automatically created.

The instrument is now added to the master instrument list.

Please follow the instructions below if you want to add this instrument to an instrument list.

Select the instrument list you wish to add the instrument to via the 'Instrument lists' drop down list in the upper left hand corner
                      Select the exchange (Default recommend for equities) as this will route orders to your broker smart routing system
                      Select the appropriate expiration date if this is a futures instrument
                      Press the '<' button to add the instrument to the list
                      You are now complete and can press the 'OK' button.
                      Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yahoo website chart shows today data. Why in NT only EOD data from Yahoo? Is it possible to get realtime (delayed) data from Yahoo?

Comment

Hello alexstox,
                          Thank you for the post.

Yahoo will only provide historical data to the NinjaTrader platform. You would not be able to receive delayed data from Yahoo within NinjaTrader.

You could use a data-feed only provider such as Kinetick for delayed intra-day data within the NinjaTrader platform. You can learn more about Kinetick at the link below:

http://kinetick.com/index.php

For a price quote from Kinetick, I would suggest emailing Support[at]Kinetick.com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                          5 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
                          Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                          6 responses
                          0 likes