Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart menu

Hello,
    In the chart menu , for the drop down selection of the period for the data series , I can select various values : 1min, 2min, 3min , daily etc .
    I would also like to add a value of 30 sec ( which is supported in the data series window),
    Is there a way to add this selection to the drop down menu ?
    Thanks

Hello Leope,

Thank you for the forum post.

At this time in NinjaTrader 7, the interval drop down menu cannot be customized.

With that being said, this is an enhancement that is being included in the next major release of NinjaTrader 8.

You can view a list of the enhancements in NinjaTrader 8 from the following link:

Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Leope View Post
      Hello,
      In the chart menu , for the drop down selection of the period for the data series , I can select various values : 1min, 2min, 3min , daily etc .
      I would also like to add a value of 30 sec ( which is supported in the data series window),
      Is there a way to add this selection to the drop down menu ?
      Thanks
      You cannot add it to the menu, but you can get there in 4 taps of the keyboard. Just give the chart focus, and type "30s" and hit the "Enter" key.

Comment

Expanding further on the ability to type your desired interval:

We have added the ability to quickly change the interval from keyboard shortcuts, please see the example below.
        • Select your chart, start typing directly on the chart, 4 R and press 'Enter'

The above will change your chart to a 4 Range chart. 'R' is the suffix for range.
        Available suffixes:
        Suffix - interval:
        M - Minute
        T - Tick
        V - Volume
        R - Range
        S - Second
        D - Day
        W - Week
        MO - Month
        Y - Year
        RE - Renko

This can also be changed from the Data Series window.
        • Right click in your chart -> Data Series -> set the 'Type' to Range -> Press 'OK'

For additional information and a list of available suffixes, please see the following section in the link below.

How to change a Data Series - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...price_data.htm

Please note that some bar types require Historical Tick data and not all data providers support Historical Tick Data.

Please see the following link to see all the supported data types for each provider.
        Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rical_data.htm

Comment

Hi Guys,
          Thanks a lot !
          Your excellent support is appreciated !
          Awesome !

Comment

supported data types for each provider

Hi,
            I looked at the supported data types for each provider - I am using IB.
            According to the provided table' IB does not provide Tick data . IB provides a 0.25 sec snapshot update
            looking at:

I see that to use Range you need Tick based data .
            I noticed that on a Real time chart I can still get a Range chart . Is it based on valid data or should I not use it ?
            Also, on an historical chart I fail to get data - even 30 sec, while I can see this historical data in TWS charts. I spoke to IB rep and he thinks data should also be available for NT.
            Am I missing something or is the rep wrong and IB does not provide sub minute data to 3'rd parties ?
            Thanks

Comment

Hello Leope,

Thank you for the follow up.

Interactive Brokers provides real-time tick data. With that being said, Interactive Brokers does not provide historical tick data.

If you were to create a tick based chart while connected to Interactive Brokers, the data will be received as expected. it's just that when requesting historical data, tick based intervals will not return any data.

You can set NinjaTrader to save chart data as historical which will record incoming tick data and use this to recall historical data requests later on:
              • Control Center > Tools > Options...
              • Data tab
              • Bottom left hand corner > Check mark "Save chart data as historical"
              • Click OK when finished

If you were ever connected to a data provider the was able to provide historical tick data, this data would have been downloaded to your local NinjaTrader 7 documents folder and when making a new chart and requesting historical tick data, this previously saved data would be restored on a chart which sometimes makes it look like the data is available on your current connection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
              1 response
              0 likes