New Bar Type Doesn't show up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bar Type Doesn't show up

I have an NTRenko bar which I downloaded from a website. I know it works because I am running it on a separate demo installation of NT and it works fine. However, when I downloaded it to my working Trade Computer, it isn't available to load into a chart. I can see it in the \bin\custom subdirectory but when it comes to adding it to a chart it isn't visible. I stopped and restarted NT to see if it was some kind of startup issue but that didn't change anything. I know there is some kind of registration bartype identifier and there could be some kind of conflict there but I couldn't find anything in the forum about it and even if I knew where it was I'm not sure I could change it.
    Any advice?
    Thanks
    DaveN

Hello,
    Thank you for the question.

I would like to ask on your computer that this bar type is not working. Do you have any other bar types installed on this PC that you don't have on the demo installation?

Bar types have a limited number of slots when they can occupy so for example on your demo if you only have this 1 renko installed and in its coding it says it needs to take slot 1 this would work fine but on your other computer if you have a bartype in slot1 already this would not work.

Can you please tell me if you have any additional bar types installed?

If this is the case please contact me at platformsupport @ NinjaTrader.com and reference the link to this forum post. I would like to do a remote assistance call to see if we can get it installed in conjunction with any other bar types you may have .

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    1 response
    0 likes