Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Equity Curve on Chart

Hello

I am trying to figure out a way to put the equity curve from Strategy Analyzer on to a chart. I have found this earlier thread but it just says that "there is no straightforward way of doing this" http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=2318

This was several years ago and so has there been an update that now allows one to do this that I am not able to find? Or is there is a "non-straightforward" way of being able to do this that I can work on?

Thank you for your help

Hello Jg123,

Thank you for your note.

You can create your own calculation to determine the equity curve and then use the Plots to assign the values and plot them on the chart.

You can also look into using Plot() method to create your own custom drawing.
    Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Cal! This is really good news that it is possible to create something like this.

Obviously this would be something that I would then write into the strategy itself.

In thinking this through just a bit, currently the primary desire is that I can use this on my backtesting/optimization/walk forward in order to see how it is performing with varying market conditions. Therefore, I don't think that I would be able to use GetAccountValue() as it would not be pulling information from my account during the testing phases - if I understand things correctly. So what would you suggest I use to get the simulated account value in order to plot it on the chart?

Secondly, could you direct me to the right place to look in order to find out how to plot that information on a panel below the chart so that the scaling of the chart is not adversely effected when the new line is plotted?

Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Jg123,

There is no direct way to get the account values from a back test as the back test assumes that you have available money for those positions and entries. However, you can set an account size that the strategy runs on and thus use that for your calculations to get a better idea of the account values.
        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ccountsize.htm

To have the line placed in its own panel, you would set Overlay = false in the initialize() section
        Cal H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post bltdavid  
        Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
        1 response
        0 likes