Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on loading chart data YI

Hi,

I'm trying to download Market Replay Data and charting realtime data for "YI" (mini-sized Silver Futures), but NT7 shows the message below:

"Error on loading chart data for 'YI 09-14 ECbot': Ninjatrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."
    I tried other contracts like 12-14, with enough volume/data…

I'm using CQG through AMP Futures.

I know that YI is now a NYSE LIFFE, instrument but I tried to edit it I the Instrument Manager, whith no success.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you!
    Last edited by grankus; 09-02-2014, 06:17 AM.

Hello grankus,

Unfortunately there is no market replay data available on our server as per the YI.

You would need to record market replay data. You will need to connect to a supported data feed in NinjaTrader and receive realtime data as per the YI. As long as 'Run market replay recorder' is enabled at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab, it will record all realtime data you receive as Market Replay data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thankyou for your answer Jason,

But, when I select YI in a chart connected to CQG with AMP Futures, NT shows me the same message:

"Error on loading chart data for 'YI 09-14 ECbot': Ninjatrader data server does not support this instrument, no data available."

As far as I know AMP Futures supports this Instrument.

Comment

Historical data is loaded from our server as well. Unfortunately it does not include the YI.
        Realtime data is received from CQG. Realtime data is also used to record market replay data - historical data cannot be used for this purpose.

Comment

There is a thing that I don't understand, I've backtested YI with historical data since 2006 that I downloaded from your servers, How is it possible if your server doesn't include the YI?

I've attached an image with the results of the backtest:

I know that I cannot use historical data for Market Replay.

But can I trade YI at least in realtime (Simulated or Real), with CQG and NT?
          Last edited by grankus; 09-01-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

When I test the historical data server that CQG uses, I do not load any historical minute and tick data for the YI 09-14 and YI ##-##. However I do load historical daily data. Am I correct you use a daily interval in the backtest?

If your CQG connection is enabled as per the YI, you can trade it in realtime. Your broker determines what instruments are enabled to trade. Please check with them if you do not receive realtime data.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I use 1 minute data intervals for YI ##-##.

I'll ask AMP...

Then if I can dowload this historical data from CQG and its supported by the Broker, it would be possible to trade this instrument isn't it?

In theory it's fully supported:

Do I have to edit anything of the Instrument Manager?

Thank you!

Comment

You can trade it as long as you receive realtime data.

The YI should have the Nybot exchange enabled. Please disconnect CQG and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Reset Instruments. Restart NinjaTrader and check if the YI is set to Nybot.

If not, please tell me what NinjaTrader version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About (7.0.1000.xx).

Comment

Hi Jason,

That worked!

The NT version is 7.0.1000.25, but the YI is set to ECbot by default. NYbot it's ok.

The bar generation is awful because of the microscopic volume, maybe untradeable, but at least I learned something new.

Thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes