X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different records between Chart and ExecutionsTab

Hi Ninjas,

It draws my attention this cause it shouldn't happen what follows:

The code starts trading day with a single SELL SHORT 100.000 EURUSD @ 1.3117 according to chart but in executions it's printout @ 1.31165; all this can be seen in the files attached to this thread.

- Actually you can realize that executions are quite different from Chart signal prices, why?

- Is it because at those prices in charts is when signal triggers but they are not actually the executions?

- Why are so many orders with different ID for the only valid orders?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by pstrusi; 09-02-2014, 03:55 AM.

pstrusi, are you sure there's only one script working for the EURUSD on your Sim101 account at this time? Looks to me like it's potentially a duplicative one that you may have not running directly on the chart, but perhaps from the Strategies tab as well instead?
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

1. I'm absolutely sure, it's the only code working and active
      2. I always start any Strategy from the Chart

This has me very confused; but here my thoughts: some how these differences could be from the trigger signals and the real execution.

Another important remark: this is working just as a simulation as you can see for the account sim101.

Comment

Could it be cause I've checked that Accounts should be synchronized ? but it shouldn't

Comment

pstrusi, thanks. For a realtime run script you would see the real execution received on the chart...so there would not be two prices at play here. It also seems that both your executions series have a different commission attached to it (2.70 vs 2.71)?

Would be best if we could review the full log and trace from today to get a hopefully clearer picture.

If you could send those in via Help > Mail to Support would be great.

Comment

I'd send those files through via help mail support, but I've reset a couple times the sim101 account, with even another issue, it synchronizes those old orders, but in the executions tab called from the chart they're several missing.

Please consider to review this issue thoroughly cause I use the real simulation to get my feedback before going real live.

Here another speculations thoughts:

- I've checked the box : Sync Account Position
            - It could be different prices between when the signal trigger and "when" the simulation think it was executed

Please keep me informed about it

Thanks a lot

Comment

I've sent the files to your attention via help, using the feature: automatic compression in zip file of traces and log. I trust this feature only includes trace and log files. Please confirm whenever that you've received them, I hope that you can figure it out.

Thanks again

Comment

Bertrand,

I've reset it again, and this time I let the Sync Account Position set to False, and now I get executions as it should. So it'd be good for your developers team to review conflicts when Sync Position is called.

Another info: I use only one commission, same in simulator, broker..etc 2.70 x 100.000

I hope that can help

Thanks
                Last edited by pstrusi; 09-02-2014, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the updates pstrusi, I got the files and will review them for any insight.

Comment

Ok. As I told recently the key seems to be when you check from the Strategy tab in the chart the box: Sync Account Position to True, when False it seems all is ok

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920  
                    Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post wzgy0920