URGENT: there's no connection forex data with IB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT: there's no connection forex data with IB

I don't know what's happening, but NT simply stops to download live data from my IB account.
    I've tried extreme things such a hard reset of my database, but still nothing. I think is something with the exchange, but how must i proceed?

Yes it's something with the exchange, if I change from IBidealPro to another, certain data begins to download...wtf? please help me to solve this

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

Thank you for your post.

I am able to view every forex instrument in real time that I have checked so far. I would like you to send a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com, and put a link to this forum thread into the body of the text.

Please manually attach your most current log and trace files to your response, so I may investigate this matter further.
      You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
      • The log file will be named "log.20140902.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
      • The trace file will be named "trace.20140902.txt"
      Zach S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'll do it, but I don't understand what's happening cause y IB account is working as usual, it was NT that suddenly stopped to download or show any price movement

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

I would like you to email me with those files so that I can review them and diagnose what might be wrong.

Comment

Since I was doing a backtest, I began to think that maybe something was wrong in NT and some module could be damaged...What if I try to uninstall and install it again?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I doubt that an uninstall/reinstall will resolve. Please just send me an email. It is hard for me to take stabs in the dark and know what is going on. I need more information to be able to assist you.

Comment

I've already sent the e-mail with the requested files, please check it. I try to uninstall and install with the old backup, it's a desperate extreme move, I cannot afford to lose too much time

thanks

Comment

ohhh man, I cannot the backup cause I forgot my license number of NT, where can I find it?

Comment

Did you receive my email? Please do not do anything unless I instruct you to, because it can further complicate things.

Comment

No, I don't

Zach, please review my file or ask Bertrand for it in order to get my valid live license in order to do the install. I'm reviewing my old files and I didn't write it down :-(

Comment

Thanks God I found it in an old system mail from support, thanks anyway

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have sent my response but I will send it from a different email address as it appears that you did not receive it.

Comment

Hi Zachs,

I'm sorry for the terrible issue, in fact the ultimate solution was to do a restore from a fortunate yesterday backup, so the only damage it's I've lost today's data.

This was pretty serious, in order to save this issue for records here a brief description about what happened:

I was doing a backtest as always, maybe a little long, but all of sudden NT hang and the real live data didn't download anymore. Despite of several resets, it didn't work again. So I tried to uninstall and install NT once again but even with this itdidn't work, so I tried the hard way, a complete erase of NT files, programs and installing it again from zero and later restore my backup. This was the ultimate and extreme solution. I 've never seen a serious issue like this.

Please check the mail with log and trace files and study it, I wish you could find what happened

Thanks again for your attention

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Thank you updating me. I'm glad you were able to get this item resolved. It was likely due to some type of corruption in the historical data files for today. Thus, your restore removed the corruption and loaded new data from the server.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by PaulMohn, Today, 05:00 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post PaulMohn  
                              Started by ZenCortexAuCost, Today, 04:24 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes