Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Using NT with IB and handling overnight IB closure...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using NT with IB and handling overnight IB closure...

I have an NT strategy that adjusts a stop and profit target on a current position as a sloping line rises/drops. For example, on the 20 min chart every 20 mins the respective orders rise/drop bew a few pips (FX). My issue is that my broker is IB and as you may be aware, IB resets their servers each night. When they do this my IB Trader Station closes. I am sure this means the most recent trades that were generated from the NT strategy are the ones that will trigger.

How are others handling this? Is there a way to a) prevent IB from closing but keeping a live session to the newly booted IB servers or b) restarting IB (bearing in mind it requires manual input of security codes from a random set of keys).

Hi pcoghlan,

One unsupported option is to use the IB Gateway to connect to IB instead of TWS. This is suppose to be a way to prevent the forced logout at night.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f....php?t=53793#1

There is also a thread that mentions another unsupported workaround.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d.php?t=2327#7
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I use TWS and when I occasionally have a trade which extends past the trading day I manually adjust the time at which TWS will auto-logout to a time which has already passed.

Generally I leave the time (defined in TWS at File | Global Configuration | Lock and Exit) set at 4:20PM, because by then I'm normally out of the market. If I want an overnight session to run I wait until 4:15PM and then set the time to 4:10PM (i.e. a time which has already passed) and then reset it to 4:20PM later. This way TWS does not log out and my strategy continues on its merry way.

If you were consistently trading 24 hours per day then this would be a tedious approach, but it works great for the occasional requirement.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18