Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing computer - move indicators

Hello,

I have to switch to a new computer. How can I bring all my indicators to the new computer please? There are a lot of customized indicators, I´m not sure if exporting would be the best possibility. When I do a backup and copy the backupt to the new computer will this include all installations, 3rd-party-indicators and my own indicators?

And as I want to use NinjaTrader brokerage soon please let me know which version I should install on the new computer (I have not decided yet if I will use continuum or rithmic, is it important which one I will use to know which version of NinjaTrader to install?)

Thank you
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

You can install the latest version of NinjaTrader on the PC for all connectivity providers from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-free.php

You can use the Backup and Restore feature in NinjaTrader to restore your files on a secondary PC. Please visit the following link for a video on the Backup and Restore process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I made a backup on my WinXP computer with my futures settings and indicators and I made a backup on my Win7 computer with my forex settings and indicators.

Then I tried to restore the WinXP backup on my Win7 computer but the restore stucks and there appear the attached message.

Can I backup from a PC with XP and restore on a PC witn Win7?
      (I need to switch to a newer computer as it seems that my futures will all the indicators are to much for this PC).

And can I backup from a PC with Win7 and restore on a CP with winXP?
      (my forex-instruments will run on the WinXP computer as there I have not so many indicators.)

And now after the not correct executed restore and can´t start NinjaTrader. Stucks with the logo. I have renamed the "basic workspace". Can start now, but how to restore please?

???

Thank you
      Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
      Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your post.

You can install the latest version of NinjaTrader on the PC for all connectivity providers from the following link: http://www.ninjatrader.com/download-free.php

You can use the Backup and Restore feature in NinjaTrader to restore your files on a secondary PC. Please visit the following link for a video on the Backup and Restore process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCp9ebpV1M
      Attached Files
      Last edited by tonynt; 09-07-2014, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your response.

You can restore your backups on WIn 7 from Win XP and Win XP from Win7. However, the message indicates you likely have third party assemblies that are referenced and as the PC's are different so the directories for those .dll files to be referenced in.

You will need to first restore the backup, once the message is received restart NinjaTrader > then go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select any indicator > Ok > then right click in the NinjaScript Editor > select References > then Open > now select any of the missing .dll files for your custom third party software.

If you are unable to complete the instructions or you receive any errors please send us a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can schedule a remote session.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your support.

This is what I thought, so in the meantime I did on Sunday rebuild everything on each computer without "transfer" from the other pc.

Best regards
          Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
          Hello Tony,

Thank you for your response.

You can restore your backups on WIn 7 from Win XP and Win XP from Win7. However, the message indicates you likely have third party assemblies that are referenced and as the PC's are different so the directories for those .dll files to be referenced in.

You will need to first restore the backup, once the message is received restart NinjaTrader > then go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > select any indicator > Ok > then right click in the NinjaScript Editor > select References > then Open > now select any of the missing .dll files for your custom third party software.

If you are unable to complete the instructions or you receive any errors please send us a note to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and we can schedule a remote session.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
          4 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post traderqz